Kolbe Window Repair

In your home, your windows are your eyes to the world. You want to protect and take care of this valuable investment. But what happens when the wood in those windows starts to age? Even with older windows — and especially when those windows are no longer covered by warranty —  you still have the less costly option of repairing them rather than replacing them entirely.  Better news: Fenster Components can help you repair your Kolbe  windows, possibly at a lower cost.

We invite you to compare the cost of repairing your Kolbe windows with the pricing available through Fenster Components.

Fenster Components — based in the Indianapolis, IN area — has been manufacturing replicated window sash profiles for most major brands of wood windows since 1999. Fenster can supply you or your contractor with replicated wood components to match your Kolbe windows. Fenster also offers innovative replacement products to upgrade your existing Kolbe windows with better energy performance, extended life span, and less maintenance utilizing cellular PVC technology.

Work smarter. Work faster. Save money. Now that’s a better view.

Visit our website to learn more about our product lines, or to fill out an order form for your Kolbe window replacement parts today.


  • Parris
    Posted May 21, 2014 at 4:22 am | Permalink

    I have Kolbe double hung windows. The upper window cracked this last winter. I am looking for a replacement for the upper half of a double hung window. Can you help?

    • Posted May 21, 2014 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

      Re recommend contacting a local residential glass company to just replace the glass. You do not need to replace the whole sash if just the glass is cracked.

  • Chuck
    Posted July 23, 2014 at 12:24 am | Permalink

    I have aluminum clad wood casement windows in my house. The window hardware that attaches to the bottom sash has rotted and the screws have pulled out. Can this be repaired or does the whole window need to be replaced?
    Thank you

    • Posted July 23, 2014 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

      Yes that can be repaired. Unfortunately that model may be too new for us. We don’t have an aluminum clad profile available. This may be a model that Kolbe still has available. You might try them first for a replacement sash. Otherwise, we would need a sample sash sent to us to work from. Honestly, you would need more than one to make that worth it, but we can certainly do it if you run out of other options.

  • Rich
    Posted May 5, 2015 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

    I have Kolbe double hung windows in my home that were installed new in 1987.A couple of side jambs that hahe the spring in them to help raise windows are bad.I believe they are 32-24 dh windows.The side jambs are approx. 53″ long.Are they available,and how much,Thanks

    • Posted May 5, 2015 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

      Rich, You can check out our jambliner kit page on our website to see what we have available. Thanks.

  • James Michaud
    Posted July 13, 2015 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

    I’m looking for the strip of wood that sits under the stationary panel of a sliding door. Is this something you make? It has a clad finish on the outside. Thank You Jim

  • Shelley
    Posted July 28, 2015 at 12:22 am | Permalink

    I have K&K windows that were installed in 1996. I need to replace a couple of white casement covers. Do you carry that part? Do you know where I can find them?

    • Posted July 28, 2015 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

      Shelley, I believe that should be a standard TRUTH operator cover? We have them in stock. Shoot us an email, sales@fensterusa.com with some contact info and a brief request (a picture would help) and my customer service folks will take care of you.

  • Posted August 7, 2015 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

    need parts wood service for Kolbe Kolbe

    • Posted August 7, 2015 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

      Barry, We can certainly help. I guess we need quite a bit more information in order to help. We have a couple K&K wood sash replications available in our sash profile catalog you can access from our website. We also have a self service hardware catalog there as well. Unless you are in central Indiana, we would not be able to provide you with an installation contractor, but can ship you product to your residence.

  • Richard Roller
    Posted September 2, 2015 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

    I have a Kolbe double hung wood /vinyl window installed in 2002. The balance spring or cord is broken and does not support the window. What parts do I need and how do I install them.
    the model number on the window is 08 A2 28H/D

    • Posted September 8, 2015 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

      Richard, Sounds like you need new jambliners. We have a universal replacement kit that is for all wood, tilt in windows, but is not Kolbe specific. Do a search from our blog page. I’ve posted several articles on jambliners and installation.

  • richard
    Posted September 30, 2015 at 1:33 am | Permalink

    WE HAVE K&K double hung windows and a couple need new seals. Where could they be purchased from? We live in east central WI.

    • Posted September 30, 2015 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

      Richard, Glass is not brand specific. You can get replacement glass from any local glass shop.

  • Patrick Sheppard
    Posted February 9, 2016 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

    I have Kolbe egress vinyl Windows …the crank mechanism on most of the 16 diff Windows has stripped out….you can crank them open but when you go to close the window..that’s where they have the issues…there’s 7 left and 7 right bad cranks…where can I get replacement parts and are any of them warrantied…I purchased my home new in 2004..,,

    • Posted February 9, 2016 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

      Patrick, Kolbe is still in business as far as I know. Your best bet is contacting them, especially if you think you have a warranty claim. Besides we’re wood windows only, no vinyl. I don’t think we could help.

  • Carol Beckett
    Posted September 25, 2016 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

    Hi – we have old (mid 80’s?) KK double hungs with snap in wooden grilles. Many of the little metal clips that hold the grilles in place are missing, causing the grilles to fall out. I’ve scoured the internet, called window supply stores – nobody seems to have them (or even know what they are). Any help????

  • Junior Larson
    Posted October 26, 2016 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

    The rubber seal in middle of our double hung Windows is falling looks like they slide in place can you purchase them.

    • Posted October 28, 2016 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

      We don’t have Kolbe specific components, but you may just have a simple bulb seal there. All of our stock products are shown on our weatherstrip page of our website, http://www.fensterusa.com. Thanks!

    Posted March 6, 2017 at 6:49 pm | Permalink


    • Posted March 7, 2017 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

      Tina, We don’t do much on the hardware side of things. You can try Pickens window parts (no relation I’m assuming), or all about doors.com. Kolbe is still in business, have you tried them directly?

  • douglas Baird
    Posted May 5, 2017 at 2:43 am | Permalink

    need jambliners for sashpack 28HD & 32HD also need 10 clutch H/D HD black 5073160

    • Posted May 7, 2017 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

      Doug, We don’t carry Kolbe specific parts. I don’t even know what they used for their sash packs. Check out our jambliners on our website, http://www.fensterusa.com. In most cases, they are a universal fit for most brands.

  • Robert Skolnick
    Posted May 19, 2017 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

    I have Kolbe & Kolbe aluminum clad wood casement windows in my 29 year old house Classic Rectangular Casement (KCW14) & (KCW15). While recently having many of the double-pane windows replaced, the glass installers had shown me a some of the bottom wood sashes were rotten and structurally disintegrating. Do you carry replacement sashes and the hardware that attaches to the sashes?
    Thank you

    • Posted May 20, 2017 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

      Robert, Not sure of that model. We don’t catalog our profiles by the original manufacturers model name or number for proprietary reasons. The only K&K replica we have is the KK100 listed on our profile page. That profile was interchangeable between a primed and clad unit. You would have to tell us if that matches your windows or not.

  • Donald
    Posted November 30, 2017 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

    I have K&K double hung installed in new construction in 1996. The K-kron finish has failed (common, I’ve found) and am looking to repair/replace. Are your wood sash replacements painted to match or primed?

    I can get exact model/size and I have several pictures if that would help.

    • Posted December 6, 2017 at 12:44 am | Permalink

      Donald, K&K are still in business. Have you tried to contact them? We don’t have a K&K replica to match. We sell our own double hung replacement sash kit in these situations.

  • Robin Johnson
    Posted January 15, 2018 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

    Hello Fenster
    A house built in 1996 in the Traverse City Michigan area with 71 all wood window units and 5 all wood doors by Kolbe Kolbe has some extensive deterioration needing immediate attention.

    Can you provide a replica/replacement Kolbe Kolbe model # 40201 all wood operable sash for an awning window (4’w x 2’h)?
    Can you provide a replica/replacement Kolbe Kolbe model # 40501 all wood fixed window sash (4’w x 5’h)?

    Can you provide lengths of exterior sill? It appears to be in 2 parts–the nosing and the seat. In most cases I would like to remove and replace the nosing. In a few cases the seat is totally rotted and needs replacing.
    If you can make these items, can you please provide unit costs?

    • Posted January 16, 2018 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

      Robin, Well in short yes, if its a wood window, we can make it! However, the model numbers mean nothing to me. We do have a wood casement profile from the 90’s. I’d have to see what we’re looking at to confirm if its a match or not. As for the doors, can’t help there. We simply don’t get enough requests for door parts to enter that realm. As for the sill parts, yes, we carry a universal fit casement nosing and sill stock made out of cellular PVC. It can be used on a variety of casement models. We could also copy exactly what you have, but I caution you on that option. We would require a sample in good condition and there would be tooling costs for that. You would want to order a significant quantity to justify the charges. I really can’t quote prices over the blog because it will be there forever! If you start the process with my sales dept. they can give you some current pricing.

      You can view the K&K casement we already have on our website at, http://www.fensterusa.com, or you can send pictures to our sales dept. at sales@fensterusa.com.

  • Posted July 23, 2018 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

    Need someone to replace broken window string- have replacement from Kolbe already for months! Have contacted lumberyard where we bought window- keep getting run around! I would appreciate some help-PLEASE!!! My windows are probably only 10 years old or year less!!

    • Posted July 25, 2018 at 8:19 pm | Permalink

      Mary, Not sure how we can help? We’re not Kolbe. We don’t service their products. I would think if the lumberyard is a Kolbe dealer, they should have a service tech.

  • Posted December 31, 2018 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

    I have pins holding in my grills in on a bay window. They are bent or don’t hold the grille in securely. Is there a better method to hold the grilles in place ? Mid eights installation.
    Thank you, Reid

    • Posted January 3, 2019 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

      Yeah, Reid, loose the grills! I haven’t met a customer yet that likes their wood inserts. All kidding aside, no the pins are about your only option. You could try some double sided tape here and there, but you loose the ability to remove them easily then.

  • Ed white
    Posted April 12, 2019 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for some weatherstripping to replace on my Kolbe and Kolbe double hung windows that I put in my house when I built in 1999

    • Posted April 15, 2019 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

      Ed, All we carry is a generic vinyl bulb seal. If its some kind of funky seal, you might have to go to Kolbe. They’re still in business.

  • J. Stelzer
    Posted May 31, 2019 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

    Need to fix or replace crank shaft on Kolbe casement windows. Windows installed around 1986. Do you have instructions and where to purchase the part.
    Thank you.

  • Heidi DuCharme
    Posted September 22, 2019 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

    Looking for replacements for broken kolbe double hung storm window track

    • Posted September 27, 2019 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

      Heidi, We don’t deal with any storm windows. You might try going straight to Kolbe for something like that.

  • edward R Weis
    Posted November 14, 2019 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

    I have a Kolbe Trapezoid that was installed in 2000. It has a crack in it and has lost the gas in it. Can you provide a cut sheet on how to take the trim off to get the glass out? Should I remove the outside trim or the inside wood trim? Window is 35 inches wide and 43 inches high on the long side. Any help would be appreciated.

    • Posted November 15, 2019 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

      Sorry Ed, we don’t have any information like that. I would bet Kolbe wouldn’t even have that available. I would just have a glass company come and do it for you. That’s their job to figure out.

  • Cathie Powell
    Posted June 23, 2020 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

    We built our home in 1999 and have all Kolbe windows and patio door. The problem we have is with the screen on the back patio door. It has become loose and pulling away from the frame. We would like to replace it but don’t know who to contact. We live in Lake Forest Illinois.
    Please advise.
    Thanks kindly,
    Cathie Powell

    • Posted June 24, 2020 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

      Cathie, Well, first off we don’t carry any door parts, but this sounds just like a handyman fix? Sounds like you just need the door re-screened. I wouldn’t think you need any factory replacement parts of any kind.

  • Posted June 30, 2020 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

    We are a glazing contractor located in New York City. A customer has broken glass in a Kolbe Old World Classic single-hung window and a sliding door. Would you know if there exist any reglazing instruction manuals that could assist us?

  • John Brown
    Posted July 8, 2020 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

    Kolbe windows have dents in the aluminum cladding from hail. Can the cladding alone be replaced? If not, what would I have to do? Thanks.

    • Posted July 14, 2020 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

      Nope, sorry John. No manufacturer is going to sell you cladding. The sashes need to be replaced.

  • Barbara Holder
    Posted August 26, 2020 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

    I have double hung K and K wood and vinyl windows. The black plastic pieces that hold the window
    Open have broken but everything else is fine. Could you tell me what I need to do to make the window able to stay open? Thank you

    • Posted September 14, 2020 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

      Barbara, This is more of a hardware thing. We’re really not on the hardware side of things. We’ve never made a K&K double hung, so I don’t have that information. You might try K&K directly if they have a parts catalog, or there are several online window hardware stores that might be able to help you if you can identify the part.

  • Jim Tillman
    Posted October 7, 2020 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

    I have Kolbe double hung wood with aluminum cladding. The sashes are in good shape. However, my lumber yard indicated that the storm windows are no longer available. Do you carry replacements. If not, any other suggestions? Thank you.

  • james schwarzbauer
    Posted November 7, 2020 at 12:26 am | Permalink

    have to replace glass in casement window when removeing plastic on the outside that holds in glass a couple broke .do they make that trim its dark brown window from late 80s

    • Posted November 11, 2020 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

      Sorry James. That is way too specific for us. You might try a local glass company. You’d think they would be used to dealing with those situations and have parts like that in stock.

  • Jacki
    Posted November 27, 2020 at 4:33 am | Permalink

    I’ve noticed that Anderson windows sells the interior AND exterior wood mullion grilles for their wood casement windows. I would like to have diamond pane grilles for my new Kolbe casement windows. Does Kolbe have these for purchase?

    • Posted November 28, 2020 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

      I wouldn’t have any idea Jacki. Kolbe is still in business. You’ll have to contact them directly. We’re not associated with Kolbe.

Post a Comment

Your email is kept private. Required fields are marked *