Caradco Window Parts and Repair

In your home, your windows are your eyes to the world. You want to protect and take care of this valuable investment. But what happens when the wood in those windows starts to age and can no longer be serviced because the original window manufacturer has gone out of business? Your only choice is to completely replace them, right?

Not any more: Caradco sash parts are now available.

Caradco window repair parts and replacement windows are available through Fenster Components. Caradco is one of the oldest window manufacturers in the country. Founded in 1862 by William Carr in Dubuque, IA, Caradco grew into the largest window manufacturing company in the U.S. The company was purchased by Jeld-Wen in 1997, and while Jeld-Wen still holds the Caradco trademark, it no longer offers Caradco windows or replacement parts. Fortunately, Fenster Components does.

Fenster Components — based in the Indianapolis, IN area — has been manufacturing replicated window sash profiles for most major brands of wood windows since 1999. Fenster can supply you or your contractor with replicated wood components to match your Caradco Windows. Fenster also offers innovative replacement products to upgrade your existing Caradco windows with better energy performance, extended life span, and less maintenance utilizing cellular PVC technology.

Work smarter. Work faster. Save money. Now that’s a better view.

Visit our website to learn more about our product lines, or to fill out an order form for your Caradco window replacement parts today.


  • Posted August 21, 2013 at 11:22 am | Permalink

    I need the overall dimensions of a 1976 Caradco C-200 #2715 Awning window.
    Please help.

    • Posted September 17, 2013 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

      All of our sash products are replicas of the original and custom made. We do not have a sizing chart for any brand we produce. All sash orders are dependent on the measurements provided by the customer and it is the customer’s responsibility to provide us with the correct measurements for their project.

      • Barb
        Posted October 29, 2016 at 12:11 am | Permalink

        Dear Ryan. We have caradco Windows and need some touch up on the outside, as the sun has faded many. Also, is there anything we can do about some of the seals that are broken, causing cloudy Windows? Thanks for any help.

      • Posted October 30, 2016 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

        Hi Barb, I’m assuming we’re talking aluminum clad windows. I’ve heard of folks using car wax to remove some of the oxidation and freshen up the cladding. Also, aluminum cladding can be painted. That might be an option for you. We’ve had a hard time shipping glass, so we wouldn’t be able to help you there, but I’m sure a local glass company can help you there. But, if you just want to start fresh with new replacement sashes, we’d be happy to help you with that. You can reach my customer service people through our website at, Thanks!

      • Dan Ramsey
        Posted June 3, 2020 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

        Hello Ryan, Dan Ramsey from Ramsey window and door, how’s business? Looks like I will have a few sash orders coming soon. I do however need some c112 jambliner balances
        2 complete sets for 28v HD
        1 complete set of 28 v
        2 complete sets of 22v

      • Posted June 4, 2020 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

        Dan, I don’t know what a c112 balance even is. We really don’t sell hardware parts like that. All we stock is a 1/2″ ribbed block and tackle HD balance that we use in our jambliners. Do you have a Strybuc account? That sounds like something you would have to get from them.

  • Sharon Johnson
    Posted September 5, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

    I have caradco windows in my house we built in 1996. The windows are vinyl clad double hung gas filled . One window the outside vinyl came off the bottom and it is rotted out , I need to replace it the number on the window is CAR 057-003-93 can you tell me if and what I can do to get it replaced. Thank you Sharon Johnson

    • Posted September 17, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

      Fenster is your Caradco solution. We have multiple versions of the Caradco line dating back to casement and double hung versions of the old C-200 series from the 70’s. We also have the Heritage I and II casements along with the double hung from the same era. Finally, we also have the cladded versions of the casement and double hung. There are a few things to bear in mind when ordering these products. The older primed wood sashes come in two versions, boot glaze or wet glaze, meaning you can re-use the existing glass and rubber gasket with the boot version, or install new glass with silicone glazing and a removable wood stop. With the cladded sashes, we do not yet offer new cladding, so the old cladding, hardware, and glass must be transferred over to the new frame at install. All sash products ship unassembled in a box.

      • Teresa Miller
        Posted April 21, 2015 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

        Hello! We built a Kuhns Bros. Log home back in 1995 and it came with Caradco windows. We live in KS and recently had 100 mph winds and hail which damaged some of our screens. Can I get new screens from you if I let you know the size and model? Thanks for your help!

      • Posted April 22, 2015 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

        Teresa, Sorry to hear that. We don’t have brand specific screens unfortunately. We can only offer after-market products based on the materials available to us. Screen components have become very basic and universal. We would love to sell you some screens, but unfortunately we try not to ship screens. UPS will have those turned into origami by the time they get there. I would recommend a local hardware store that you could take the old screen to, or a handyman that could get the parts and make new ones for you.

    • Larry Vandergriff
      Posted May 4, 2014 at 10:08 pm | Permalink

      I hope you can help me…here goes. I have a caradco casement window that the crank opening mechanism is nonfunctional anymore. We actually have two of these windows on either side of the fireplace, and the window on the right did the same thing but I got the replacement part from the rep. That’s not possible anymore. The window is CC1U1-3155W. The crank is on the left side and the window swings out from the right. Would you have the replacement crank “guts” for purchase?

      • Posted May 5, 2014 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

        Yes Larry, we carry the TRUTH casement operator that fits Caradco windows in stock. We can not process order requests through our blog. Please complete a quote request on our site, and our customer service team will complete an order for you. Thanks.

    • Jim G
      Posted October 9, 2017 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

      caradco car-057-003-93 bottom of the window sash rotted out, glass has moisture on the inside, need the lower sash replaced, size is 30-1/2 wide by 31 1/2 high. need the glass replaced also. what would be the cost, and lead time.

      • Posted October 10, 2017 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

        Jim, I’m sure we can help you. We have two double hung Caradco models available. If you would like to send your information to our sales dept. at, they will gather the necessary information from you to place an order. Thanks!

    • sally
      Posted April 23, 2019 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

      I installed Caradco windows in 1999 when I built. Some of the glass has lost its seal and the windows are very cloudy and fogged up. I made notations when I was window shopping 20 yrs. ago that glass in Caradco windows was easily replaced by removing a few screws. Is this still the case????
      Can you send me a price list on glass?.

      • Posted April 27, 2019 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

        You are correct Sally. Caradco glass is very easy to replace. We don’t sell glass by itself. Mainly because we can’t ship it, but a local glass company should be able to supply and install that for you.

  • jim
    Posted September 22, 2013 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

    need the plastic inserts for caradco windows, can some help me source ?

    • Posted September 27, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

      Jim, we need you to be far more specific on what ‘plastic inserts’ you are looking for. That could be a slew of things. We have a common request for the wood grill inserts. Unfortunately this takes specialized equipment to reproduce the intricate jointery on those grills that we do not have at our facility.

  • ann williams
    Posted October 3, 2013 at 12:12 am | Permalink

    I have caradco windows in my home, double hung wood, one sash has a broken seal as it is foggy. Who do I call

    • Posted October 3, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

      Ann, if you fill out a quote form on our website and provide all the required information, specifically the exact measurements of the glass you need, we can provide you with a quote. Thank you.

  • Fred Buess
    Posted November 14, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for parts for casement windows by Cradco. would some one call 508-237-0272 or send an Email I need to repair about 5 Casements the crank system is shot.

  • mike vahue
    Posted November 14, 2013 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

    A Caradco sliding window, 20.5″ X 54″ per each side, stamped 1332 has one panel fogged. This was installed during a 2005 remodel job. It is wood on the interior side & aluminum clad on the exterior. One window repair guy told me the entire fogged side would have to be replaced. Wonder if this is the case & also if there is warranty coverage for this problem. Note: The window was purchased at Home Depot but I cannot locate a receipt.

    • Posted November 15, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

      Mike, The first answer is no. You can just replace the glass on that side without replacing the whole sash. 2005 would have been a Jeld-Wen produced “Caradco”. They should have at least a 10 year warranty against seal failure. They should supply you with a new insulated glass unit, but you will have to have it installed. Unfortunately, you will probably have to supply documentation of the purchase.

  • Tom Quail
    Posted November 23, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Permalink


    We have a house full of Carado windows . They are wood, tilt out, double hung windows and they were manufactured 8/91. The lower window came out of its track and it will no longer stay in the up position.

    What can I do to fix this problem ?

    Thanks for your help,


    • Posted November 25, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

      Tom, This is a common problem with an easy fix as long as nothing is actually broken. Windows with a vinyl expandable jamb liner have what is commonly referred to as a block and tackle balance. Yes, to all you window geeks out there, there are many types and styles of window balances, but for the sake of layman’s terms, a block and tackle balance was most commonly used during the early 90’s.

      Each sash has a metal pin on the bottom corner that fits into the respective track on the jamb liner. That pin has to sit on top of the balance terminal in order to engage the balance. Sashes often fall because at some point, the sash was removed from the opening and not re-installed correctly. It doesn’t mean that anything is broken at all, the sash just isn’t engaged with the balance.

      When you raise or lower the sash and you still see the terminal (bracket looking thing) in the track below the sash or higher than the sash pin will reach, then its not engaged.

      Remove the sash from the tracks completely and re-set the sash making sure the pins are on top of the terminal. When you tilt the sash back in and push down, the terminal should release and engage the sash. If the terminals are above the pins (with the sash in the closed position), you may have to push down on the pins first before tilting the sash completely back into place.

      Hope this helps!

  • Maryann
    Posted January 2, 2014 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

    I have a caradco triple window, one frame is rotting, do I have to replace the entire window.

    • Posted January 3, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

      Maryann, Absolutely not! This is exactly what Fenster is all about. We can supply the materials you need to rebuild that rotten frame to brand new condition for far less than replacing the entire window. You can contact our customer service team via our website, by filling out a contact form and they will direct you in the information we need to provide you with the correct components. Some window or carpentry experience is required for the installation of our products so we recommend you have your experienced contractor of choice contact us if you think this installation is beyond your abilities.

  • Posted January 24, 2014 at 9:06 am | Permalink

    Spot on with this write-up, I really feel this web site needs far more attention.
    I’ll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the information!

  • David
    Posted March 5, 2014 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

    I have a 1998 Caradco swing door and I need the adjustment hinges, they are 4″ and they adjust vertical and horizontal. can I get a pic of what you have to make sure they match

    • Posted March 5, 2014 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

      David, We don’t do anything with doors. We don’t have any door parts. Sorry we couldn’t help.

    • Rick Frost
      Posted May 5, 2020 at 1:42 pm | Permalink


  • Julie Rosene
    Posted March 12, 2014 at 12:17 am | Permalink

    So we bought a house that has Caradco casement windows with screens. We can not figure out how to remove the screens in order to clean the inside windows. HELP Please!!

    • Posted March 12, 2014 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

      Julie, You really only have a couple options when it comes to all casement windows. It depends on what model/year the windows are, but for the sake of removal instructions, it doesn’t matter.

      1. There could be spring loaded plunger pins at all four corners. Simultaneously pull the top and bottom on one side at a time and the screen should come out.

      2. There are curved springs in the top or bottom of the screen frame with a pull tab at the opposite end. Pull the tab and the screen comes out.

      Now, I’m guessing you have the second type, but the pull tabs may be missing. It depends on if the springs are in the top or the bottom of the frame. The springs ‘should’ be in the shallower of the grooves in the top or bottom of the trim. Push down (on the bottom) or push up (on the top) the compress the springs and release the opposite end of the frame. However, if the screens were put in upside down, the springs are in the deep groove. In this case, push the screen frame in the opposite direction of the springs. Using a putty knife or even a butter knife from the kitchen, slide the knife in between the wood trim and the screen frame to compress the spring and pull the frame and knife out at the same time. There will be two springs. One on either side.

      Hope that helps!

    • Rick Frost
      Posted May 5, 2020 at 1:44 pm | Permalink


  • andre
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

    I have caradco windows in my home & the sashs are rotting out & the upper sash will not stay in the up position which makes the lower sash rise up & it leaks from the top & bottom. Alsothe putty between the panes is coming loose & oozing down the glass. The windows were made in 2000 & tilt in with plastic track…probably block & tackle type. Please help

    • Posted March 19, 2014 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

      Andre, We can help! We do have the Caradco double hung profile from that era. We’ll need measurements and other information to process an order for you. Please complete a quote form on our website,, with all of the required information and we’ll get a quote to you right away. Thank you.

  • sandi
    Posted March 27, 2014 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

    we have 22 caradco double hung metal encased windows mfg date 08/88 installed 03/89 .. the glass in the larger cottage windows has been replaaced . we now have 9 upper glass that needs to be replaced and we cannot find 5/8 glass. do you ship glass to the philadelphia area

    • Posted March 27, 2014 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

      Sandi, That doesn’t seem like a tall order. I don’t see why we couldn’t get you fixed up. We’ll ship anywhere UPS will go, it just gets expensive to get glass to a customer in one piece. If you want to fill out a quote form on our website,, and give us your measurements, we’ll be happy to quote it. Just fill out the ‘glass only’ section under product request. Thanks!

  • Geo
    Posted March 30, 2014 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

    We are trying to sell our house–all the Caradko wood windows (guessing about 54 years old or so) will not stay in the open upright position and come crashing down upon opening. We have been using a stick but new owners house inspection want new windows… Huge expense with everything else they also want. There is a removable stop to hold them up but we haven’t been able to find them in the years we have owned the home (were like that when we bought the house). Any ideas on the part availability? Thank you!

    • Posted March 31, 2014 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

      Geo, 54 years old may pre-date any chance of repair parts still being available, but there may be retro-fit parts that will correct the problem for far less than all new windows. We would need a lot of information and pictures. This project may also require a window professional to perform the work. A retro-fit installation can be complicated. The best advice I could offer is send some photos to our sales department, and we’ll see what we can come up with. Thanks.

  • Barb
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

    When our Caradco aluminum clad double-hung window were installed in 2004, we weren’t given any paper work on them. I did have someone come and adjust some of them a few times but would like to do it myself. There are two -three of them have have develped severe air leaks, especially when the wind is a certain direction and blowing strong. Also need instruction on how to wash them from the inside, I know there is a way they swing in but not sure how.

    • Posted April 9, 2014 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

      Barb, Ironically the same part is causing both your issues. The plastic tracks holding the windows in are called compression jambliners. To tilt in the sashes, with the sash about half-way in the opening push against the either side jamb to relieve the tension and pull the sash in towards you with a fair amount of force. That’s about it. The fundamental design flaw to these type of windows was the jambliner. There has to be some amount of give to one; let the sash slide up and down easily and two; allow you to tilt the sash in. Consequently, there is only so much seal the window will have to allow these functions. They can certainly be tightened up and reduce the draft by shimming behind the jambliner. Obviously you won’t be able to tilt them in and they will be difficult to open and close. Moral of the story, you have to choose the lesser of two evils.

  • Julie Goodwin
    Posted April 22, 2014 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

    I need 4 plastic inserts for our 30 year old double hung windows [for the screens to fit in] Thank you.

    • Posted April 23, 2014 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

      Julie, Not exactly sure what you mean. Screens on double hungs usually fit into a groove around the brick mold trim. On some models , there is actually a plastic cup that the screen pin fits into. We haven’t been able to find those for years. Typically, you would just drill a 5/16″ hole for the pin to fit into.

  • tom rowe
    Posted April 24, 2014 at 3:17 am | Permalink

    I have a broken caradco picture window glass. size 44’X681/2 is the glass. is it replaceable or do I have to buy new window? where can I get a price?

    • Posted April 24, 2014 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

      Tom, Yes just the glass can be replaced without replacing the whole window. Unfortunately for us, we would not feel comfortable shipping a glass unit of that size. We recommend contacting a local residential glass company in your area to measure, order, and install that glass for you.

  • Posted April 25, 2014 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

    im trying to get new screens for my windows but don’t know if I have the right number. on the metal it has caradco 716 on the glass for 5 it looks like 4/91 that window is about 35×55

    • Posted April 28, 2014 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

      Cindy, Screens are a component that is not brand specific. Point being, you don’t need “Caradco” screens. Unfortunately, available screen materials have changed over the years. The original color of your screen frame may not be available. We make new ‘generic’ screens, but they are not intended to match any original window brand’s hardware. We need to know exactly the dimensions of the screens you want, brown, white, or beige color, and the type of hardware on it. Also keep in mind shipping will add to the cost of the order.

  • Scott Salisbury
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 8:25 am | Permalink

    We have Caradco double hung, wood clad, double pane windows where the glass has fogged up. Mostly the uppers. How are panes removed for replacement?

    • Posted June 9, 2014 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

      Scott, All the Caradcos we know of were boot glazed sash that screw together at the corners. You should be able to locate a screw at each corner to separate the sides of the sash and pull it off the rubber glazing boot around the glass.

  • Robert Braga
    Posted June 14, 2014 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

    Need crank mech for caradco window casement number 916 crank on left side of window and window to the left side. Thanks

    • Posted June 16, 2014 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

      Robert, yes we have those. We can not process orders over our blog. If you could please complete a quote form on our website with your request, we will be happy to complete your order.

      • Anthony
        Posted October 6, 2016 at 12:12 am | Permalink

        Hi Ryan

        Just found this post. Would I still be able to order a crank mechanism for a Caradco 916? Both left and right side?

        Please advise how to place the order if still available.

        Thank uou

      • Posted October 6, 2016 at 12:57 am | Permalink


        We stopped dealing with hardware for the most part, but still have some parts in stock. Email with your request and my CS folks can help you. Thanks!

  • Robert Thacker
    Posted September 10, 2014 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

    all the windows in my house are cradco true devided light. The main problem is that the black squiggle ( thats what I was told it is called) inside the glass is failing. The lights are insulating glass units. The windows were installed around 1990. My question is, can or do you supply individual replacement lights when given the correct measurements?

  • Tom
    Posted September 19, 2014 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

    I need 14 20 1/4″ x 43 3/4 replacement screens for Caradco casement windows. I don’t see any holes or slits in the vertical portion on the interior window frame. I believe the screen will fit into the notch at the top and bottom of the window and be fine. I am located in the Kansas City Metro.

    • Posted September 22, 2014 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

      Tom, we do not supply any brand specific hardware. I recommend a google search for window repair. You have several in your city.

  • Rick Ayer
    Posted September 30, 2014 at 1:53 am | Permalink

    I have a 1993 Caradco double hung window. The lower glass caught a rock and is broken. I unscrewed the two screws at the top of the wood frame and was able to remove the rubber casing that goes all around with the glass pieces. It looks like it just takes another rubber encased double pane of glass to slide back down in the wooden trough of the lower window. Do you sell those?

    • Posted September 30, 2014 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

      The rubber gasket is not available. You must re-use the existing. You can get replacement glass from any local residential glass company. We recommend glass doctor.

  • nancy theobald
    Posted October 3, 2014 at 4:37 am | Permalink

    Caradco windows in house built in 1990. 3 of the windows no longer work. They can not be opened or closed with the crank. Contacted someone 3 yrs ago, and they asked me to describe the mechanism. What they sent did not work. Am selling the house and need to get these fixed. Who can help me?

    • Posted October 3, 2014 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

      Nancy, We can get you some Caradco operators, but we can’t do that over a blog post. You need to visit our website and complete a quote request with all of the required information. At the bottom in the comments section you need to request Caradco operators and specify how many left or right hand looking at the window from the inside. One of our customer service people will respond and complete your order. Thank you.

  • henderson
    Posted October 11, 2014 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

    I need operaters for tip out caradco windows made around 1967

    • Posted October 13, 2014 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

      By tip out, I’m assuming an awning style? Going back that far, we wouldn’t have any information on those. It was probably a Truth hardware part. You might find a Truth dealer’s catalog to see if they still have something available.

  • Lisa
    Posted October 19, 2014 at 4:09 am | Permalink

    I purchased Caradco clad windows with my log home (as a kit) in 1999. The green clad is faded/discolored from original “Hartford green”. How do I know if they are vinyl or aluminum?…so not sure how to go about repainting them. I have 20 windows (7 circle tops) and 2 sets of Caradco double doors, so the discolored green makes the house look really old. Any guidance or help appreciated.

    • Posted October 28, 2014 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

      Lisa, To my knowledge Caradco only used an aluminum cladding on their products. I recommend using a primer first that is approved for aluminum siding/gutters, etc. A good quality satin finish house paint would be fine after that.

  • Furr
    Posted October 21, 2014 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

    I want to replace the rubber gasket boot that no longer fits properly around the new double-pane glass. Where may I find a replacement gasket. I have a boot glazed sash.

  • Mike Green
    Posted November 3, 2014 at 4:28 am | Permalink

    I actually have 4 original Caradco Scovill wood windows left in my house that was built in 1972. They are actually still decent and the wood is still in tact. I believe the addition of storm windows in the mid 70’s helped save them. Would you happen to know how the lower sash is removed?

    • Posted November 5, 2014 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

      Mike, That is way before our time. Sorry, but we wouldn’t be able to help.

  • Posted November 16, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

    Nov. 16, 2014

    I have Carado double hung windows and casement windows from 1986. Some of them have condensation on the inside glass where the bottom wood window frame meets the glass when the outside temperature is close to freezing. It happens on the bottom window as well as the top.
    What can I do about this?
    Thank you,

    • Posted November 17, 2014 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

      Barbara, Condensation is common with all windows in colder climates. The only way to really control condensation is to control the humidity levels in your home when the temperature changes.

      • Posted March 8, 2015 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

        You are correct Ryan. Humidity in the home is the primary factor. This also indicates that your home is quite humid. This means your home is pretty darn airtight but may also lack appropriate ventilation. take a look at our recent projects with replacement windows and siding issues

  • greg
    Posted December 18, 2014 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

    I have a cardaco wood window that is aluminum outside it has 4 units in it the two outside units open and figured out how to replace the glass units how do I replace the center units that are staionary

    • Posted December 19, 2014 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

      Greg, Some Caradcos had visible screws through the screen stop holding in the stationary units. Others had brackets behind the screen stop. You need to remove the screen stop to expose those brackets if you can’t find any visible screw heads.

  • Heidi Pack
    Posted January 19, 2015 at 3:38 am | Permalink

    Looking to replace some caradco sandstone color screens. Any recommendation as to who might carry in the Columbus Ohio area.

    • Posted January 19, 2015 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

      Heidi, I think I know the color you are looking for. To my knowledge, that was a custom color made by Caradco. Unfortunately, I do not believe it is available anymore. You may have to switch to a standard brown. I don’t have specific names, but we get a call from contractors every once and a while from the area, so I know there are guys doing window repair. You might also try Picken’s window parts out of Cincinnati.

  • Jim De Young
    Posted March 3, 2015 at 2:29 am | Permalink

    I put in a 10′ slider in about 2000. I have replaced the aluminum bracket 3 times and just have let it go the last 2-3 years. Now I can not find the part number of the bracket to replace it again. What happens is, if the latch is not fully pulled up until it clicks, when if slams it wears the bracket slots down, designed to catch the latch. Eventually, the bracket is broken out to the point that it won’t catch and lock. HELP? Where do I find this part (for the 4th time now) ?????

    • Posted March 3, 2015 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

      Jim, I’m sorry, but we don’t have any information on original Caradco door hardware. All of our stuff is made by us or aftermarket manufacturers.

  • gary guild
    Posted March 23, 2015 at 12:57 pm | Permalink


    • Posted March 24, 2015 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

      Gary, If you mean the glazing boot around the glass, those are no longer available. If you mean the weather seal, we have a suitable replacement, but not the OEM part. Check back in a couple of weeks, we’ll have a new weatherstrip buying page added to our website to make ordering easier.

    Posted March 26, 2015 at 12:01 pm | Permalink


    • Posted March 26, 2015 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

      Bill, My best advice would get a professional involved. All we have for aluminum clad windows is a stile and rail kit to rebuild the existing sash. That is not a DIY project! Stile and rail kits for double hung run in the $129.00 range. I can’t give you a referral without knowing where you live, but I wouldn’t suggest putting your address on a public blog post. You might be surprised by who shows up. If you would like one of my customer service folks to contact you, please complete a quote request off our website. Thank you.

  • Jim Nipps
    Posted March 30, 2015 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

    Many of the original Caradco (1976), double hung windows in our house are now cloudy because the seal has been lost between the panes. The windows slide on metal side tracks and come out from the side. There are white plastic covers over the springs which assist in raising the lower window. Are replacement sashes available that I can just “pop in” after I remove the old ones? If so, would they be available with dividers installed between the 2 panes.
    Thank you. Jim

    • Posted March 30, 2015 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

      Jim, We have several options for you. We can build you replacement sash to fit your openings with new balance systems. With the proper information provided, this can be a relatively simple installation. If you wanted an exact replica of the window sash you have, we could do that as well. We would need a set of sample sashes sent to us to use as a template. Either way, I think we can help. We’ll need some specific information to price everything out. We’ll need the exact sash sizes (upper and lower) and the length of the jambliners (the side tracks) to the longest point. If you submit this information on our website quote form, we’ll get back to you quickly. Thank you.

  • Joyce Winsor
    Posted April 19, 2015 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

    Hello. We have a Caradco window CAR-057-003-93 in our dining room. I was wondering is the window would still be under warranty as the outside window of the double pained window cracked when I closed the window after cleaning it? And if not, how do I fix the window and how much would it cost? Thank you for your help.

    • Posted April 20, 2015 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

      Joyce, That probably had a 10 year warranty back in 1993. Glass is not brand specific. Any residential glass company can replace that for you.

  • Posted April 20, 2015 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

    Please help. Looking for caradco 1990 wood/alum clad window The left hinge lock has fallen off the window. Unable to open or shut window. On the window is the number 20755 and on the inside of the lock is the #40228.

    • Posted April 21, 2015 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

      Joy, Those numbers are truth part numbers not associated with Caradco, so those don’t help us much. What we really need is a picture of what you need. You can email that to and we’ll do our best to get you what you need. Thank you.

  • Jim De Young
    Posted April 30, 2015 at 1:35 am | Permalink

    Caradco sliding patio door SPD 2001
    I have a 10’ slider that the door track has cracked that the door slides on. Also, the bracket that the locking mechanism has also broken for probably the 5th time. What would you need from me for you to be able to see if you have what I need to repair it?

  • Ed Desautels
    Posted May 6, 2015 at 12:18 am | Permalink


    • Posted May 6, 2015 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

      Ed, We don’t have the machinery to produce wood grill inserts. We recommend Creative Millwork of Ohio. You can find them online.

  • Brian
    Posted June 4, 2015 at 12:24 am | Permalink

    I have a piture window made by Caradco . I’ts a big unit center dead lite and 2 operating side lites 1 on each side . The center dead lite lower sash is all rotted out . Can this be replaced and or the whole sash that holds the insultor …??

    • Posted June 4, 2015 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

      Brian, I’m not quite clicking with some of your terms, but yes, that’s what we do. We make replacement sashes that fit Caradco and a host of others. We have a variety of options to choose from if you would like to visit our website, and see what we have to offer I’m sure we can build a suitable product to meet your needs.

  • Tom
    Posted June 17, 2015 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

    I have a Carado picture window. Numbers on the window are I96 and C1G3 (i think, they are hard to read). The seal at the base of the window is leaking. Do you sell the repair parts?

    • Posted June 19, 2015 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

      Tom, We have the wood frame. We call that a stile and rail kit. As long as the sash frame matches a Heritage 1 or 2. The numbers in the glass doesn’t help us. Those are production numbers for the glass only. It really depends on what exactly is leaking. Is the glass fogged, or is water leaking into the house? Is the wood rotting? People call the “seal” many different things. Any number of things could contribute to a leak. In fact, if water is leaking in the house, it may not be the window at all. I guess I need some more information before I can do much more to help.

  • roger williams
    Posted June 25, 2015 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

    I am buying a house with Caradco windows. There are about 6 or 7 which the bottom glass pane slides up to open it. These particular windows no longer stay ‘up’ Do you have the parts to fix this type of problem. House was built in 1997. They are double hung 6 over 6 aluminum clad.

    • Posted June 25, 2015 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

      Roger, The easy fix would be to determine if the lower sash (as it is called) pins are engaged with the balances. If the sash just falls with no resistance at all, its probably not connected to anything in the jamb track. If you see a bracket or connector showing in the jamb track, the sash pins need to site in or on top of that bracket.

      Or, the balances may just be broken. In that case, we have replacement jambliner kits to solve that problem. You can order those from our website,

  • Bob
    Posted June 28, 2015 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

    need to replace the insert plastic insulation…slides into a groove on windows that open…

    • Posted June 29, 2015 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

      Bob, We have the weatherstrip we use on our Caradco replications. I’m assuming you’re talking the vinyl leaf seal around a casement? That is the 7/16″ vinyl leaf seal listed on the weatherstrip page of our website, You can submit an order request there. Thank you.

  • Bob
    Posted June 29, 2015 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

    Do you have weatherstripping for Caradco windows approximately 30 years old?

  • carol
    Posted July 2, 2015 at 12:36 am | Permalink

    I’m confused. Is craftline and caradco the same company? Which company went out of business? I have craftline windows in my home which was built in 1998 and they are awful and rotting.

    • Posted July 6, 2015 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

      Carol, Different companies. Both out of business. We have some Craftline options that may work for you. We’ll need more information, sizes, pictures, etc. We recommend visiting our website to familiarize yourself with our product lines and completing the associated form on that product page. We look forward to receiving your information.

  • David
    Posted July 6, 2015 at 7:49 pm | Permalink

    Good afternoon-
    My home has caradco casement windows and several of the sashes are rotting and need to be replaced. The windows are original to the house, which was built about 23 years ago. Unfortunately I do not know the model of the window. I do know that the overall thickness of my sashes is 1 3/4″ and they are 2 1/8” wide (face to rear). They have a 1” window channel on top and on 3/8” groove on the bottom 1/4” from the sash face and then a deeper, narrower groove for the weather strip.

    So, here are my questions, can you tell me my window model is, do you have casement parts that fit the description of my widow or, alternatively, could you sell me blank stock that is 7 quarters by 9 quarters?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    • Posted July 6, 2015 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

      David, by your description, I am confident you have the Heritage I series window by Caradco. Our corresponding part number is CC-101. We have a number of options for you. A stile and rail kit (SRK) is just the stiles and rails to rebuild the sash you have. We can build a complete sash for either a painted wood sash (replica series wood) or we have a quiksash replica for a cladded unit. I encourage you to visit our website, and familiarize yourself with the product lines I just mentioned. The best way to begin the order process is to complete one of the associated forms on the product page of your choice. Under fenster product number, enter CC-101. We look forward to receiving your information.

      • David
        Posted July 6, 2015 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

        Ryan, thanks for your quick response. I checked the website and looked at the profiles you show for the Heritage series windows. None of those shown match mine. Is there any way that I can send you either a drawing or a picture of my profile to confirm? Obviously I’d like to be certain that you have what I need before I file an order.

      • Posted July 7, 2015 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

        David, Huh? I wasn’t aware of another Caradco profile out there. Sure, send me some pictures and I’ll see what we can do. I’ll need at least 3 views. An exterior shot with the window closed. A shot from the interior with the window partially open, focused on the sash itself. And an edge view of the sash with it open. You can send those direct to me at Also attach some contact info so I know who’s stuff I’m looking at. Thanks.

  • Tom M
    Posted July 25, 2015 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

    Hi Ryan awesome website I like how you post everyone’s inquires and your reply. My problem is that I just purchased a 4000sq ft home in San Diego region with original (circa 1995) Caradco windows and sliding doors. A number of the casement mechanisms are shot and a few of the double pane windows have turned foggy. Several of the doors locking mechanism no longer works. I am having trouble locating a service technician in our area that has experience fixing this legacy stuff. We don’t have budget to do a full install of brand new windows and doors. Help! Might you be able to provide a list of contractors in our area that have experience using ur Caradco replacement parts to recondition legacy windows and doors? Thanks in advance.

    • Posted July 28, 2015 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

      Tom, Unfortunately we don’t do much on the west coast, but we’re trying. I don’t have anyone specifically in your area. I would however recommend your local Glass Doctor as a resource (if you have one) as a reputable nationwide franchise for glass work. They may be able to handle the hardware issues as well. If that works out, please pass on our info. We’re pushing a more formal relationship with them and need all of the franchisee support we can get to influence their corporate. Thank you!

    Posted July 31, 2015 at 11:31 am | Permalink

    I have a log home in the NY area built in 1996. The house has caradco double hung aluminum clad windows, wood on the inside. One of the window panes is cracked. How do I get the sashes out to have the glass replaced.

    • Posted July 31, 2015 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

      James, As far as I know, that should be a standard vinyl compression jambliner on those. Apply pressure outward toward the jambs while pulling the sash in toward you. With the sash tilted in in a horizontal position, lift one side into an angled position to remove the tilt pin from the balance terminal. It should slip right out. On a side note, if you are having a glass company do the glass, they should know how to do this.

  • Matt
    Posted August 27, 2015 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

    Helping out my mother-in-law. She has Caradco window with condensation in the window. It is 30×48 casement purchased about 15 years ago. I found the numbers CAR -057-23 or 33. We are having a residential glass company come out and estimate, however our fear is the wood is bad too. Can I get a replacment wood frame and window. Not an entirely new casement/frame and window. The casement and hardware are fine.


    • Posted August 27, 2015 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

      Yeah Matt, Sounds like you just need a stile and rail kit for that. You can place and order request for that on our website, I’d stick with the local glass guy for the glass.

  • Dan Johnson
    Posted November 12, 2015 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

    Our home was built in 1994. We have aluminum clad Caradco windows. Wood on the bottom of one window is rotting. I need to replace the wood frame of the window. Should I be able to remove and reuse the aluminum clad and/or do you sell replacement cladding? Also, will I need to replace the entire window frame or just the rotten piece(s).

    • Posted November 12, 2015 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

      Dan, Yes you can reuse the cladding when you purchase a stile and rail kit. Or, you can purchase our Quiksash replica clad sash or our Quiksash double hung sash kit depending on the style of window. Original Caradco cladding is obsolete. You can find all of this information on our website at, Thank you.

  • Tony
    Posted December 17, 2015 at 4:17 am | Permalink

    Hello! I have a customer with Caradco windows in his home, and his son accidentally kicked and cracked the lower window glass in a double hung vinyl slider. Can I give you the sash dimensions or glass dimensions and get just the gas filled glass insert and install in into the sash myself, or only order the entire sash assembly with glass? Thanks much.

    • Posted December 17, 2015 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

      Tony, First we don’t do anything with vinyl windows so we don’t have a sash to send you. Second, glass is not brand specific. Any local glass company can supply you with, or install a new glass unit for you.

  • Eric
    Posted December 18, 2015 at 12:43 am | Permalink

    Sliding door from 1999 I have to replace the hardware. CSMU 1 80×68 W Manor Clad Wood is all the info I have.

  • Joseph A.Komisarek
    Posted March 24, 2016 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

    I have caradco double hung windows with aluminum slide rails and mechanical cord lifts. Cords are breaking. Can these cords be replaced? Where can I find replacement spring assisted mechanisms ?

    • Posted March 25, 2016 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

      I’m not familiar with any model of Caradco that had aluminum jambs. I don’t think we could be of much help.

  • Joseph A.Komisarek
    Posted March 28, 2016 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

    My error. The double hung widows are actually Bilt-Well windows fitted with Caradco hardware. What I need are the overhead balance boxes that have cords which are attached to the windows for lifting. I need your help. Thank you.

    • Posted March 29, 2016 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

      Joseph, No problem. I think our replacement balance kits are what you need. These jambliner kits are very universal to most major brands of tilt-in wood windows produced since 1980. At your convenience, check our vinyl compression jambliner page of our website,, and take a look at the options there. Or, feel free to send some photos to my customer service team at, and my people will help identify what you need. Thank you.

  • Knox Cummin
    Posted April 20, 2016 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

    Do you also make replacements for Caradco wood sliding doors, circa mid-80s? The doors are 35″x80″. the glass is 30 1/2+ x 75+ (not sure how much is covered by the door frame). the rough opening for the unit was 69″w x 82 1/4″h.
    I can’t find a model number indication but inside the thermopane there are the words “solar seal” and “IGCO”, the R in a circle symbol, and “CBA”– does this give you enough information?
    The doors look like they might come apart, so I could also try our local glass place to replace the fogged glass panels– the doorframes seem pretty good.
    Thanks for your help!

    • Posted April 20, 2016 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

      Knox, Funny you mention that. We would LOVE to be able to offer a Caradco door. The problem is, we can’t get anyone to give us one. We need an original sample to start with. We just recently re-visited the door topic hoping we could gain the attention of a willing customer to go through the engineering process. Are you in close proximity to central Indiana by any chance? We could probably assist you if you were a reasonable distance away.

  • jay
    Posted May 6, 2016 at 6:37 am | Permalink

    I am sure you answered this but I didn’t see it. I have to fix a Caradco 6/93. It is a double pane, gas filled with black rubber glaze. Is it possible to just replace the outside glass, how does one gas fill it, can the gas fill be measured? Can it be determined if it is leaking.? Do we need to purchase a sash? What measurement do you need? the visible glass? Who do we hire to take the sash apart and put it together again with new glass and gas? the inside is foggy. Can we take the outside glass off and clean the insides? and put the glass back on? What about taking the sash off and taking it somewhere to be cleaned in the middle? Trying to clean the fog out of the middle and reseal it.

    • Posted May 7, 2016 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

      Jay, Double pane glass is a sealed unit. You can not separate the panes and reuse or clean them. The glass unit just needs to be replaced. You can have a local glass company do that for you or you can order the glass from us. We need the actual edge to edge width and height and the thickness. On a caradco, you can separate the wood frame from the glass by unscrewing at the corners and pulling the wood off the rubber boot.

  • Colleen McKenzie
    Posted July 8, 2016 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

    Live on golf course-thankful the window repair guy for errant golfball recommended looking for a Caradco window repair place! 2 estimates for window replacements on just a couple Windows was almost $25k-no go! Former owner threw away all original documents from home build-where do I find the reference numbers on the windows to know what we need to order? Am hoping your replacement product will be answer to our prayers.

    • Posted July 8, 2016 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

      Colleen, Never fear! If it’s a Caradco, we can most likely do it! The numbers usually won’t tell us what model it is. My best recommendation is to send us some photos to for identification. We need an exterior corner shot, an edge view of an operable sash, (even if the damaged one is stationary, they will all be the same), and a shot of the operable from the inside with the window open. Send us those and we can go from there to get you what you need. Thanks!

  • C. E. Taylor
    Posted July 14, 2016 at 9:09 am | Permalink

    Got hailed out w/ 2″+
    Looking for the glass replacement, If I take the windows glass out and get the dimensions and any numbers, will you be able to help me for just the glass units themselves?

    • Posted July 15, 2016 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

      Sure can! We’ll need exact width, height, and thickness of each piece. Also consider lowE and grills between the glass if those apply. If these are Caradco clad windows, we can also make you a complete replacement sash if you have hail damage on the frame.

  • Earl Weir
    Posted August 8, 2016 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

    Have Caradco windows purchased in 1986. Is the vinyl channel seal available – accidentally cut it when replacing glass. Wood channel is 1/2 wide by 5/8 deep and window thickness is 7/16 thick.

    • Posted August 9, 2016 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

      Earl, It sounds like you are referring to the glazing boot. Unfortunately these have not been produced for many years.

  • Jerry Xiao
    Posted September 6, 2016 at 10:48 am | Permalink

    I purchased a home built in 1996 and have issues with quite a few balancers of the wood windows thru out the house. The model # is CAR 057 005 93. Do you have any replacement set for this model? Thanks.

  • Mike Ludt
    Posted September 6, 2016 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

    I am looking to replace some old Caradco window sash

  • Bob Curp
    Posted October 7, 2016 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

    I have two triple sash aluminum clad casement style caradco windows that I need replacement sashes for. Three questions. One, can you manufacture the replacement sash from vinyl rather than clad wood? Two, can you ship the replacement sash fully assembled double pane low e glass included, and three , do you have qualified preferred contractors in my area to do the work?

    • Posted October 7, 2016 at 11:46 pm | Permalink

      Bob, 1. No. You have wood clad, why the vinyl? 2. Yes, that’s what we do…all over the country. 3. I have no idea where you are based on your blog post, but for experience sake, very few are qualified. Bob, have you been to our website, I think you could get some questions answered there. Please reach out to my CS people at,

  • Mike
    Posted October 13, 2016 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

    I have double hung windows car-057-003-93 and one upper and one lower glass has fogged up they have mullions in the glass. Is there any way to replace the whole sash with glass or even just order the glass

    • Posted October 14, 2016 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

      Mike, Assuming its a model we can make, sure you can get a new sash. Those numbers are glass production numbers, not a model number. We’ve failed miserably (or should I say UPS) at shipping glass. It doesn’t work. So, no to the glass from us, BUT glass is not brand specific. A local glass company should be able to provide that for you.

  • Tom
    Posted February 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

    I need help getting some parts for a Caradco window

    • Posted February 9, 2017 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

      Tom, We can help with replacement sash, but not really into hardware. Can you be more specific?

  • Laura Case
    Posted February 18, 2017 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

    I have 26 x 60″ casement windows. The wood sashes are in perfect condition, but the glass on the interior side is cracked. Can I just replace that glass? I am struggling to find information on how to start. The exterior side is undamaged, but they are bonded together. Advice? These were installed in my home in 1993.

    • Posted February 20, 2017 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

      Laura, Yes you can just replace the glass, but not one side at a time. The double pane unit is sealed together. A new glass unit will come that way as well. A local glass company can do that for you. We can supply you with a new replacement sash, but not the glass by itself. We have tried shipping glass, but UPS has failed miserably at it!

  • roger
    Posted March 16, 2017 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

    I am having trouble identifying whether or not my windows are caradco windows. We are not the original owners. House was built in 1999. Neighbours who used the same bulders suggested they were. No markings on the windows or frames.

    Posted April 10, 2017 at 5:13 pm | Permalink


  • Posted April 11, 2017 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

    We are trying to identify the manufacture of our bay window. I have not been able to find any identifying markings on the framework or on the window. The hardware is marked truth. I have recently found some numbers on the hardware. The number is 409 41– A. This number is found on part of the operator framework. This is on the casement window. The bay window is aluminum clad outside, wood interior. I’m having wood rot issues with with the picture window and left casement window. Wanting to be able to order parts to solve the situation. Hope you’re able to help me.

    • Posted April 18, 2017 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

      Steve, Truth is a hardware manufacturer and the most popular brand in the industry. Many brands of windows used their hardware. The best thing to do is email some pictures into our sales dept. and we’ll do our best to try an identify it for you.

  • Herschel Tognascioli
    Posted April 17, 2017 at 1:34 am | Permalink

    We have a house with caradco windows built in 1996. One casement window needs the glass replaced and I assumed that the glass can be replaced and not the whole sash. There are three awning windows that will not close tight against the jambs, could they be warped? They are aluminum clad

    • Posted April 18, 2017 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

      Herschel, Yes they could be warped or there is an issue with the operator not allowing the sash to close all the way. That’s a little hard to diagnose without seeing it.

      To your other question, yes the glass can just be replaced. Your best bet is to look at a local glass company to supply you with that.

  • Sarah kaseler
    Posted April 19, 2017 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

    I just moved into a home that was built in 1997 that have caradco windows. They are in good shape but just dirty. They need to be washed. Do these double hung windows tilt in to easily clean both sides of glass? I do not see where or how I can make them tilt in. The number of these windows are CAR-057-003-93. Please let me know about this window and how it should be cleaned. Thanks

    • Posted April 19, 2017 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

      Sarah, That should have a compression type vinyl jamb. The sash is held in by pressure against the sides. You have to push out away from the sash (toward the jamb) to pull the sash in towards you. There is no mechanical lock or anything holding the sash in.

  • Posted April 19, 2017 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

    how can I speak with someone about replacing about 20 Caradco Sashes. I have wood clad casement about 17 years old. on my blue prints for my house show #2456-2 for two side by side windows…

    • Posted April 19, 2017 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

      Dean, Have you submitting a quote request yet? My sales staff should respond usually within one business day with any questions you may have.

  • kevin mooney
    Posted May 4, 2017 at 5:25 am | Permalink

    i need to replace broken glass in a caradco casement window but couldn’t see the screws to take frame apart, Am i just blind and missing something?? i think is from mid 90s

    • Posted May 7, 2017 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

      Kevin, The screws are on the inside face in the corners. You need the window open to see them or remove the sash if its a stationary.

  • David Wolske
    Posted May 4, 2017 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

    Need upper sash for a caradco clad double hung white exterior unobstructed glass 27′ WIDE BY 25 1/2″ HIGH frame size 33 1/2″ x 60″ 3/4″ gbg. Tag on frame says CAR-057-003-93 How do I submit a quote?

  • Lamar
    Posted May 16, 2017 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

    Afternoon Ryan, quick question. But I read all the comments so I think I have my answer. I need tilt balances for C-112 Alum Clad DH units. The reason I know the model number is because from 82-98 I was employed at a millwork that had Caradco W & D as a vendor. Reading comments about c-200, classic wd DH units, I. M. Truth hardware was a blast from the past. Literally worked with, counted and shipped thousands of units. But back to today, I help manage a 30 unit midrise that needs said sash balances. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lamar

    • Posted May 17, 2017 at 11:43 am | Permalink

      Lamar, We just sell the universal kits to take the guess work out of trying to match every little thing about every brand of window out there. Our jambliners come in a standard “square” or “Vee” plough that work with, I’d say, 90% of the wood tilt windows out there.

  • Lamar
    Posted May 17, 2017 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

    Thanks for the prompt reply. So I would need to know the unit size 3-0 x 4-6, IG size 32×24 Thought I was told once that spring tension increases with larger sashes., correct ? And whether the plow would be a “square” or “Vee” plow. I am assuming the plow is the latch mechanism that that sash pins land in for operation. Thanks again !

    • Posted May 20, 2017 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

      Lamar, Best thing to do is complete the order form on our jambliner product page. It walks you through everything we need to know. Thanks!

  • Randy
    Posted July 4, 2017 at 3:16 am | Permalink

    Can you build me an entire new aluminum clad casement window to match an existing Caradco window?

    • Posted July 4, 2017 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

      Randy, Well, Let’s talk terminology. We can do a replica replacement sash that matches a Caradco. We can not do a full frame window unit. We don’t have the aluminum frame components. The frame typically is not the issue and rarely needs replacement. I’m guessing maybe you’re doing a remodel or addition? Unfortunately no to that, but if you’re talking replacement sash, we’ve got you covered!

      • Randy
        Posted July 4, 2017 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

        Thanks for the speedy reply. You’re right, adding a window right next to an existing window in a remodel. Wanted them to match. Thanks

  • Posted July 18, 2017 at 2:24 am | Permalink

    Our Caradco window has fogging between the window panes. What is the typical warranty for this issue?

    • Posted July 22, 2017 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

      Jeff, Depends on how old it is. The original Caradco brand is obsolete from 1996. JELD-WEN bought them and slowly phased out the brand up until about 5 years ago. If you have a JELD-WEN Caradco. then it might still be under warranty. I don’t know what they offered. 10 years maybe. If its older than that, we can supply you with a new sash, or you can have a local glass company just replace the glass unit for you.

  • Bubba Kizer
    Posted July 19, 2017 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

    I’m making repairs to a house that has Carradco Aluminum clad casement windows. Probably built in 1999 or 2000. Several sashes are rotten and fall apart when opened. Do you have new replacement sashes that will fit the Caradco window frames. If you do, how hard is it to replace them? and how do I order them. Thanks, Bubba Kizer

    • Posted July 22, 2017 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

      Bubba, Yes, our biggest seller and most popular product! You can order those as a sash rebuild kit, or as a new complete sash from our Quiksash line of replica windows. You can find either order form on our website at, Thanks!

  • Don Foley
    Posted July 23, 2017 at 3:27 am | Permalink

    I am the proud owner of Caradco casement windows. the house was built in 1993. In fact in your listing here you have a picture of a Casement window that looks exactly like mine. My bottom sills are rotten and falling apart and I have several windows that the bottom rail area is also rotten. I don’t know whether it would be cheaper to replace the entire unit or only replace the rotten parts. your repair kids can someone with average skills replace ? any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Don foley

    • Posted July 25, 2017 at 12:01 am | Permalink

      Don, We don’t have much in the way of sill/frame parts. We’ve found over the years most people and/or contractors prefer to fashion their own parts in the field. The sash kits we can certainly help you with. They are reasonably self-explanatory, but some mechanical aptitude is helpful to assemble them. I might recommend a complete, assembled replacement sash to reduce the amount of assembly required and get a new, factory warranty with that product. The new sash simply requires the transfer of the hardware, where you can use the old sash as a template.

  • Bob Brown
    Posted July 24, 2017 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

    I am in need of (4) Caradco Sashes for (2) casement windows.
    The first two are 28 5/8″ x 62 5/8″ H (L&R)
    The second two are 28 5/8″ x 54 3/8″ H (L&R)
    Are they still available?

  • Posted August 4, 2017 at 7:33 pm | Permalink


    I’m a contractor with a customer that has several large (4×8) Cardaco windows in their lakefront home…probably 20 years old…some of the weatherstripping is giving way. I noticed you carry weatherstripping…but is there a way to find out which style and measurements of stripping they used before I try to order some? Many Thanks!

    • Posted August 4, 2017 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

      John, The 5/8″ beige vinyl leaf we have shown on our website is the closest match and also what we use on our Caradco replicas.

  • Michele Ciaccio
    Posted August 10, 2017 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

    We had a sash fall from our second story and need to replace it. This is what is written on the window: Caradco 77 – 2 Sigma 114. The size of the sash is roughly 22 ¼ wide by 62 ½ tall, and it is the right window. Do you make a replica sash and glazing for this?

    • Posted August 10, 2017 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

      Michele, Those numbers really don’t ring a bell?? Casement I’m assuming (by the size)? I wonder if this is a newer model made by JELD-WEN we haven’t seen yet? If its a Caradco, we want to copy it! Can you send some photos to our sales dept. at please? We’ll review them and see what we can do to help. Thanks!

  • Posted November 2, 2017 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

    I have Caradco windows and when we purchased the house. In 2004, the actual windows are still in fine shape, but most of the grills that are inserted were broken. I would like to purchase as they make the windows very attractive. Is it possible to purchase same?

    Thanks for your response.

    • Posted November 3, 2017 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

      Joyce, I’m sorry, but we do not have matching grills for Caradco’s. You might try,

      As far as your glass comment, your best option there is to have a local glass company change that out for you. We only have glass available for pick-up in central Indiana.

  • Jonathan Husson
    Posted December 2, 2017 at 8:05 am | Permalink

    We remodeled the house mid-to-late 90s. We have had 5-10 grates break and need replacement clips for maybe another 12. How do we order those, do you need window dimensions, do they cóme in raw wóod ór stained. Seems like wood originally used is preaty fragile. Can something stronger be usef? Can you contact us?3044108169

  • joyce
    Posted February 15, 2018 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

    Hello Ryan,
    we have Caradco casement windows that are original to our 1976 era house in NJ. They are wood framed inside and out. The glass has begun to fog on many of them. When we moved in 16 years ago we replaced many. We were able to find a supplier that could get us replacement framed glass without having to change out the actual window frames. Do you have replacements for these windows? The companies we have called say they no longer exist.

    • Posted February 18, 2018 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

      Joyce, Glass is not brand specific. They’re right, you’re not going to find “caradco” glass, but any residential glass company can replace the glass for you.

  • Doug rankin
    Posted March 7, 2018 at 11:56 pm | Permalink

    Hello Ryan,
    I have two Caradco double hung windows that could use new tracks. The top window slides down – won’t stay up and the little lady is too short to push it up. My understanding is that I can send you a measurement of the track for my two windows for replacement. Do I need to cut the bottom angle?
    Thank you.

  • Dave Polaski
    Posted April 19, 2018 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

    I have a Caradco Aluminum Clad window that has rotted at the bottom. Item# CAR 057-001-93. Window measures 48 x 16. Is it possible to repair or is there a whole new sash available?

    Thanks fpr your help!

  • Frank Hodges
    Posted May 11, 2018 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for replacement hardware for caradco windows (1987) need the top and bottom hardware for the operable sash. I am also looking for replacement gasket (3/4) and weather stripping. I have a 5 lite bow, a 45% bay and 1 double operable unit.I have already purchased new glazing.

  • Posted October 19, 2018 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

    Hi Ryan,
    We have a Northern Products Log Home with Caradco double hung wood combination window units . The windows include alumium storms & screens attached. Our problem is that the lower (bottom horizontal) aluminum frame has broken away from the vertical frame at the lower right side corner of one of the strorm windows. We have taken the bottom storm window to several hardware and glass shops locally, but they said they don’t know how to fix the problem. Do you offer replacement lower storm windows for Caradco combination windows. I can supply the blueprint number and size for the windows that came with our 1986 Log home kit.

  • Posted January 23, 2019 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

    Good afternoon: I have two 4′ x 6′ Caradco aluminum clad slider windows — the moveable sash is rotted at the bottom. One is much worse than the other, but it’s probably just a matter of time for the better one. Can I get a replacement sash? They are 25 yrs old, installed fall of 1993. Visible part of the glass measures 32.5″ w x 41.5″ h. The sash is 36″ w x about 45.25″ hi.

    • Posted January 23, 2019 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

      Hi Derek, we do make a Caradco slider model, but there are several. I can’t do much over the blog. If you would like to send me an inquiry to: with some photos inside and out, I’ll take a look and see what we can do. Thanks!

  • GLENN Kestler
    Posted March 27, 2019 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

    Apollo Glass Cincinnati Ohio. We need 2 replacement Caradco casement windows. They are in a twin window. The glass marking in corner is Caradco corp. 8/84. Day lite opening is 18 1/8 by 34″. Exterior bronze Aluminum clad. 1 3/4 thick frame. Sill mounted cranrk operater. 1 lock centered for each window. overall size is 22 1/2″ by 38″. Can you help. Thanks.

    • Posted March 27, 2019 at 10:09 pm | Permalink

      Sure Glenn, this is an easy one. We do tons of caradco. This is an info blog. I can’t really help you here. I need you to use our website to submit an order request for a quote. Thanks!

  • Gloria
    Posted May 30, 2019 at 1:11 am | Permalink

    Hi, Ryan, this inquiry is in regard Caradco Impact Casement windows that have wood rot on the bottom of the sash. The concern is how to properly make a repair that will not invalidate the NOA certification of the impact window.

    • Posted May 30, 2019 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

      Gloria, I would say its the glass specifications that are required for the certification. I wouldn’t think the wood has anything to do with it. As long as the glass wasn’t disturbed I think it would be fine.

  • Diane
    Posted September 17, 2019 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

    I have several Caradco wood windows circa 1978 that need new balance springs. Do you have those available? Several have lost their cover tubes and many have popped out of the window frame breaking the pin.

  • Mike
    Posted November 19, 2019 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

    DO you know anyone that does Caradco window repair near the Toledo, OH area? Seems pretty difficult to find anyone doing window repair, not replacement.

    • Posted November 20, 2019 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

      It is Mike. We can’t find them either. So no, I can’t refer anyone in your area. It was a dream of mine once upon a time to build a window repair franchise around our products, but the complete lack of talent and unreliability of contractors has me thinking that endeavor will remain a dream. We sell direct to the public via our website. We do have a traveling service tech if you elect to have your sashes installed. In answer to your other comments. Yes, Caradco is our biggest seller and we have most known models of casement available. Check our model catalog for the correct model of sash and complete an order request. We can get you fixed up.

  • Bob Kramer
    Posted March 2, 2020 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

    How are the sashes put together? I need to change the glass in several windows for the early 1980’s. I removed the sash but I don’t see any screws holding them together. Any info or videos would be appreciated.

    • Posted March 2, 2020 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

      Bob, All Caradco sashes are screwed together at the corners. Casements and double hungs both.

  • Christine
    Posted April 14, 2020 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

    We have Caradco windows in home we just bought. I need replacement grills for some of the windows are these still available? I don’t see this product on your website.

  • Heather Linda Lantz
    Posted May 17, 2020 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

    Hi, my mother’s house has Cradaco windows. She was told these windows had a lifetime warranty when she built her house in 2000. There are several wndows that have either fogged or do not open or the mechanism to open and close the window has broken or is non-functional. All her windows are casement style. Do you honor the Cradaco warranty? She is located in Granbury, Texas. Thank you.

    • Posted May 18, 2020 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

      Hello Heather. We’re not Caradco. We don’t cover other companies warranties. She would have to contact JELD-WEN about that.

    Posted May 30, 2020 at 12:50 am | Permalink

    We have some double hung vinyl Caradco Windows that have a broken seal and vapor has developed between the glass. Can you replace the vinyl as well? All of your documentation implies that you do wood Caradco Windows only. Thanks.

  • Eileen
    Posted June 17, 2020 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

    I have caradco windows that were installed when we bought the house in 1978. I need to replace the spring on the windows that allow it to go up snd down. Do you carry the springs.l?
    Thank you

    • Posted June 20, 2020 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

      Eileen, we’re rally not on the hardware side of things. That would be too specific of a part for us. There are several online hardware stores like Blaine’s or Swisco that might have what you are looking for.

      • Eileen
        Posted June 20, 2020 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

        Thank you. I did not know where to start. Eileen

  • Keith Packard
    Posted June 22, 2020 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

    I have an old window that has CARADCO716 stamped on the double pane glass. I need to order replacement double pane inserts because one is cracked and the other does not insulate. Is this something I can order from you guys?

    • Posted June 24, 2020 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

      Keith, we don’t sell just the glass, but any local glass company in your area should be able to do that for you.

  • Guy Hoppe
    Posted July 10, 2020 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

    I have really old Caradci double hung windows from the 70’s. Some of the springs are in need of replacement because they are getting weak and the plastic tubing around them is deteriorating. Do you carry those replacement springs?

    • Posted July 14, 2020 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

      Guy, Your going to have a hard time finding parts that date back that far.

  • pat dinneen
    Posted July 13, 2020 at 6:32 am | Permalink

    I have several older built about 1988 caradco casement windows prob model 220. I can repair sashes but the screws that hold the hinges to the sill will not tighten due to wood rot from water leakage . This causes the sashes to jut out when cranking them in. Do you have any good ideas to fix the loose screws in the sills. This has to be a common problem . Thanks please help.

    • Posted July 14, 2020 at 11:59 am | Permalink

      Pat, We always used to use longer screws to reach down into the framing.

  • Posted July 23, 2020 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

    I have 14 sets of Caradco twin French doors installed in 1999 and some need replacement sweeps which have 1 3/16 ‘ kerf spread. Do you have an old stockpile of these or know when to find. The door panels are 21 15/15’ wide, each panel
    Thank you

    • Posted July 27, 2020 at 11:54 am | Permalink

      Bill, I’m sorry we don’t handle anything like this. There’s a website, that might have what you need.

  • Jeff Meador
    Posted November 9, 2020 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

    1999-2000Caradco windows in home gasket sealed. Gasket has cracked rotting frame out. I have a lot of windows that need help. 3r55 or u31955 these are the codes off of the prints can you get measurements from these? If so do you have the frames? Thanks

    • Posted November 11, 2020 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

      Jeff, I’m assuming you are talking about the glazing boot? Unfortunately those have been obsolete for many years. Our replica sashes do away with the glazing boot by replacing it with a far better wet glazed system of securing the glass with a water tight seal. You can order Caradco replica replacement sashes from our website;

  • Lawrence Anderson
    Posted November 11, 2020 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

    We have a Caradco bay window purchased and installed about 20 years ago. A small stringer 18″ long at the bottom of one of the side panels has deteriorated and needs replaced. Can you provide it?

  • Debra Cart
    Posted February 26, 2021 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

    I have coradco windows 20+years old. The glass is gone bad. Do i order from you or someone else. They are woid windows with white clad on outside

    • Posted March 1, 2021 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

      Hello Debra, We sell a complete sash, not just the glass. If you just want the glass, a local glass company can do that for you. Glass is not brand specific.

  • Bill Nelson
    Posted March 25, 2021 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

    I have door thar the bottom panel has rotted away can I get help replacing it?

  • Tommy Sink
    Posted May 20, 2021 at 1:26 am | Permalink

    I have “CARAD SSB-1-75 SIGMA 114” casement windows in my home. I am in need of 2 bottom rails that have rotted. I have dissembled the windows and I also am in need of the window glass, 6 double panes, replaced since they have fogged. Can you be of any help to me?

    Thank you…….

    • Posted May 20, 2021 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

      Hi Tommy, yes we can help, but maybe not exactly what you are looking for. We don’t sell parts of sashes, only complete sashes. We can offer new replacement sashes for your Caradcos, but as for individual parts, you would have to get the glass from a local glass company and make bottom rails yourself if you are just wanting to piece them back together. If the whole sash sounds like a better plan, you can order those straight from our website,

  • Posted July 6, 2021 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

    I have a French door with a Caradco lock on it. It is a gold handle that when you lift it up it engages the dead bolt and then you turn the little gold knob under the handle to the left and it locks that lock too. It is getting harder and harder to turn the second knob lock on it, we have to tighten the screw or something every 4 or 5 times of use and we’re hoping to replace the handle and lock. We would need for someone to do this…do you have a replacement and anyone local that works on these?

    • Posted July 6, 2021 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

      Hi Marie, Sorry but unfortunately we don’t. We’re more on the window sash side of things. We don’t carry any door parts of any kind. Sorry we couldn’t help.

Post a Comment

Your email is kept private. Required fields are marked *