Biltbest Window Parts and Repair

In your home, your windows are your eyes to the world. You want to protect and take care of this valuable investment. But what happens when the wood in those windows starts to age and can no longer be serviced because the original window manufacturer has gone out of business? Your only choice is to completely replace them, right?

Not any more. Biltbest sash parts are now available.

Biltbest replacement windows and parts are available through Fenster Components. Founded in 1947, Biltbest was the first window manufacturer to receive a patent on an aluminum cladding process. For decades, Biltbest maintained a reputation of exceptional quality, service and innovation. Although the company went out of business in 2010, Fenster Components can repair your Biltbest windows.

Fenster Components — based in the Indianapolis, IN area — has been manufacturing replicated window sash profiles for most major brands of wood windows since 1999. Fenster can supply you or your contractor with replicated wood components to match your Biltbest Windows. Fenster also offers innovative replacement products to upgrade your existing Biltbest windows with better energy performance, extended life span, and less maintenance utilizing cellular PVC technology.

Work smarter. Work faster. Save money. Now that’s a better view.

Visit our website to learn more about our product lines, or to fill out an order form for your Biltbest window replacement parts today.


  • Cindy cruikshank
    Posted October 20, 2014 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

    My house was built in 1989. We have best built windows. Double glass in wood frames. The bottom stile is beginning to rot. If I send pictures and measurements can u help

    • Posted October 28, 2014 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

      Cindy, If these are casement windows, we probably have the profile you need. You are welcome to complete a quote request on our website with all of the required information and we’d be glad to help.

  • Kent VanFossen
    Posted March 24, 2015 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

    My home was built in 1992, and includes three casement windows that I believe were manufactured by Biltbest. These are aluminum clad wood, and one of the sill members of the operable portion has considerable rot. I would like to replace either the sill member, or preferably the entire operable portion, leaving in place the existing frame. The rough opening of the window is approximately 29″ wide x 46″ high, and operates outwardly with the hinge on the left, as viewed from the outside. Can you help? If so, what information do you need to provide pricing?

    Thanks for your attention.
    Kent VanFossen – Homeowner

    • Posted March 25, 2015 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

      Kent, Unfortunately we do not have any frame components for clad windows.

  • Barb Reckart
    Posted December 7, 2015 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for BiltBest latching mechanisms to repair windows in my parent’s home. The parts are stamped “BILTBEST STE.GE> L62”

    I am looking for 2 of these in gold. Can you help?

    • Posted December 7, 2015 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

      Barb, I am familiar with the type of lock you need, but I don’t know exactly which one Biltbest used on which models. All I can offer is our distributor’s catalog link on our website under the special order hardware product tab.

  • Darrell Drinkwater
    Posted April 18, 2016 at 12:06 am | Permalink

    Hi Im looking for a Biltbest ste. gen L62 case window lock. Its working fine except fôr the lever that locks the windôw. do you knôw if äny one will replace the ever.

    • Posted April 18, 2016 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

      Darrell, Unfortunately those numbers don’t mean much to us. The hardware side of things is not our specialty. We would be happy to research it for you if you could send us one to look at, or send us some pictures of what you need to

  • Robin
    Posted July 4, 2016 at 1:05 am | Permalink

    Hi, we have Biltbest double hung and casement that are “milky”. Can just the glass be replaced and can Fenster do that work?

    • Posted July 4, 2016 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

      Robin, The models of Biltbest I am familiar with have direct set glazing. Meaning, the glass is glazed directly into the sash without a boot seal or stop. So, it is very difficult to remove the glass without destroying the wood frame. We are a manufacturer so we don’t have field techs to perform the work. However, we can make you new window sash assuming we have the profiles that match you existing model of window. You can view those profiles on our website at,

  • Scott
    Posted July 7, 2016 at 3:06 am | Permalink

    I have BiltBest wood/vinyl clad windows with balancing systems all broken apart. Neighbors have same issue. I have picturers I can send

    1. Age of window: Spec Home built 2005/6
    a. Window stamped CIG-5 3-05 ICCC-CBA-IGMAC

    2. Window Type: Double Hung

    3. Visual Glass Size
    a. 26 5/8″W x 31 3/4″H (Left and Right, Top and Bottom)
    b. 14 5/8″W x 27 5/8″H (Left and Right, Top and Bottom)
    c. 30 5/8″W x 31 3/4″H (Left and Right, Bottom)
    d. 38 5/8″W x 25 5/8″H (Left and Right, Bottom)

    4. Block and Tackle Markings
    a. NNX 33C (Left and Right, Top and Bottom)
    b. NHX 29B (Left and Right, Top and Bottom)
    c. NNX 33C (Left and Right, Bottom)
    d. 27D (Left and Right, Bottom)

    5. Color: Sand


    Clarkston, MI

    • Posted July 8, 2016 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

      Scott, Thank you for all the information. Unfortunately, its not the info we need. It sounds like you just need jambliner kits? I can’t say for certain what type of jambliner your model of window used. You can order jambliners from our website at Thank you.

  • scott wingler
    Posted April 7, 2020 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

    my house was built in 1990 i have built best windws the gaskets around the window frame are getting bad and i would like to replace the gaskets they are on the frame crank out windows . could you tell me what type of white gaskets i need to order. thank you scott

    • Posted April 8, 2020 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

      Scott, I’m assuming you mean the weatherstripping? I couldn’t tell you without seeing it. We don’t do a lot with Biltbest. You might try their site and see what they offer.

  • Haley
    Posted May 20, 2020 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

    My windows were installed in 2007 and are a dark brown/black color but The edges have lost their color. Is it possible to have my painter paint these? If so, what kind of paint do you recommend?

    • Posted May 21, 2020 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

      Sure that’s easy. Any exterior paint made for metal or aluminum siding will work great!

  • Brian Chaille
    Posted July 28, 2020 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

    Hi Ryan, I hope to order some double hung sash replacements for BiltRight aluminum clad windows. (1994) I noticed that they seem to fail the same way. The bottom meeting rail of the top sash has some water damage in all the windows that have failed or are starting to. The meeting rail starts to separate from the sash, taking the cladding and double pane with it. Can the failure be repaired when the separation is just starting? Or do we just need to bite the bullet and replace the sashes that are starting the process since we are making an order now?

    • Posted July 29, 2020 at 11:53 am | Permalink

      Brian, I feel your pain. That is a very common problem with double hung windows. The wood core beneath the cladding is most likely rotted out. There’s no really good way to repair that. Replacing the sash is probably your best options. However, it pains me to say, we currently are not able to produce our double hung kits. We’ve had major disruptions to our supply chain and I can’t even get anyone to talk to me about a new relationship. Vinyl extrusion companies don’t seem to be looking for new business right now. Something must be going on in that industry that I’m not hearing about. Long story short, I don’t have much I can offer you at this time.

      • Brian Chaille
        Posted July 29, 2020 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

        Oh, wow! That’s not good news! I should have jumped on this in February when the tape was still holding the top sash together! We lost that top sash completely the other day, I figured we’d get by with some Plexiglas and Styrofoam until we could get replacements made. No ideas about custom replacements anywhere eh? Of course the thermopain is fine. The head and stiles are in good shape, the tongues that would connect into the meeting rails have some rot, but maybe I could find someone to build a new meeting rail for the top sash to rebuild and glaze our existing window? We’re not far away, btw!

        Normally BiltRight replacements would be aluminum clad wood right, if you were able to get the parts? I was a little confused about mentioning vinyl extrusion.

      • Posted July 30, 2020 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

        Brian, That’s probably your best bet. Have a carpenter with a small shop make you the pieces you need.

  • Scott
    Posted August 30, 2020 at 1:06 am | Permalink

    We purchased a home with Biltbest windows. Some of the windows need new crank mechanisms. There is a part number 233 D. C. molded into the crank mechanism. The arm attached to the window is fine but some of the crank mechanisms are seized or just spin freely without engaging the gear teeth on the arm. It looks like the crank mechanism has a worm gear that engages the straight cut teeth on the arm. Can you help with these parts? I think the house was built in the 70’s.

    • Posted September 14, 2020 at 11:55 am | Permalink

      Scott, We’re not really on the hardware side of things. There are several window hardware companies like Blaine’s or Swisco that could probably help you.

  • Julia
    Posted September 28, 2020 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

    Hi, Ryan,

    My BiltBest windows are fine but the cranking mechanism is loose. Are you saying that I have order directly from hardware store? How do I figure out the measurement? and do you have people who can help replace the cranking mechanism?

    • Posted September 30, 2020 at 11:40 am | Permalink

      Julia, We’re not really on the hardware side of things. Our specialty is replacement sashes.

Post a Comment

Your email is kept private. Required fields are marked *