Sash Rebuild Kit
Fenster sash rebuild kits are your most cost effective option to replace rotten wood sash frames when the glass is still in good shape. Our sash kits are exact duplicates of the original profile allowing for a hassle free installation when a complete kit is purchased. A complete kit includes the four pre-cut wood sides of the sash with new weatherstrip where applicable. No glass, cladding or hardware is included. We caution the use of single stiles or rails because we do not guarantee our joinery is interchangeable with the original.
In the case of cladded sash, nearly all original cladding is obsolete making aluminum/vinyl clad sash impossible to replicate with new cladding and still maintain the original specifications. A Fenster sash kit is your only option to stay true to the original design by rebuilding the sash with the original cladding and glass.
Free shipping within 1,000 miles
(Anything over 1,000 add $50. Domestic only.)
Lead time: 3-4 weeks.
Most painted and roll-form clad boot glazed sashes are easily separated at the corners. The cladding can then be slid off one end and transferred to the new stile or rail for re-assembly around the glass. The rubber glazing boot must also be re-used.
Newer cladded models are sometimes extruded clad vs. roll-formed clad, meaning the cladding is much heavier and formed to the shape of the sash. In this case, there is a wood insert slid into the metal extrusion. We are starting to see more and more of these needing replacement parts. While, again, we cannot provide new extrusion, we can make the wood insert.
Wet glazed sashes are a bit more complicated usually requiring the glass be replaced, but in most cases, the cladding can still be transferred in good condition.
Fenster stile and rail kits can also be used to rebuild boot glazed, painted wood windows. Rebuilding the existing sash and re-using the glass, boot and hardware add up to an incredible savings for just a little extra assembly time.
If you have aluminum clad windows, our stile and rail kits are your only option to retain the original sash design.
- Species: Clear pine treated with Woodlife 111
- Finish: Stain grade: No visible knots greater than 1/16" within the sightline with the window closed on interior face. Minor knots may be on edge profiles or exterior. Paint grade: Knots/imperfections may be filled and sanded smooth on any surface. SRK's do NOT come pre-primed.
- Sizing tolerance: +/- 1/16"
- Measuring: Exact edge to edge of exterior surface
- Model: Customer must specify profile number from sash profile catalog
- Product: Unassembled w/ weatherstrip (where applicable), no hardware, cladding, or glass
- Shipping: UPS ground
- Warranty: None. 30 day order guarantee