Hints, tips and helpful information
All Fenster products are after-market replications of the original. While our products are designed to closely resemble the original, they are not the original brand's product. Having no association with the original manufacturer, we cannot respond to warranty claims or brand specific inquiries.
More Details »
More Details »
More Details »
How to Measure
- From outside the window, measure the width of the sash from outside edge to outside edge, and the height of the sash from top edge to the bottom edge.
- Do not measure the glass opening or weatherstripping.
- Some wood sashes may bow over time. You should measure in different places and use the most common measurement you get.
- On cladded sashes, it is okay to measure from edge to edge of the cladding. We will size the wood frame to accept the cladding.
- To measure double hung sashes, it is sometimes easier to tilt the sash in toward you inside the house to get a better measurement of the exterior side.
- Use your width and height to enter in the corresponding size ranges on the sash quote section to get your quote. These exact measurements will be required at order stage.
- We accept edge to edge, net sash sizes only.
- No glass openings please.
- Take all measurements from the exterior side of the sash.
- We need measurements of each upper and lower sash for double hungs.
- Measurements are required for all quoting and order requests.
I don't see what I need
First, Our most common phone call or email is "Do you make (insert brand) of window?" Did you search the sash model catalog to see what we have available? This can be easily found in the top menu bar of our home page under "sash models". Just knowing the brand, maybe narrows your options down to 3 or 4 in some cases. Please spend adequate time reviewing the model pages to connect our information to the specific details of your windows. This will save several steps in the ordering process if you have already determined the model number you need.
Second, Are you having trouble understanding what information we need? If this is the case, you may want to get a professional involved. There is technical information we MUST have in order to produce a product. We do our very best to make our order forms as simple as possible and in layman's terms, but unfortunately there's no way around needing to know specific details about your order request.
Third, Our third most common phone call is "I need (insert window part) and can't find it on your website." That may be because its not there! Have you reviewed our product categories listed in the top menu bar of our home page under "products? Our product categories are very specific in what we have available. The exception to this is new sash models. We are constantly adding to our catalog by customers sending us one of their windows to replicate. With our millwork capabilities, it is rare we are not able to replicate a sash.
See our copy shop to get more information on sending us a sash sample.
How to Buy from Us
- Research each product category to determine the best product for your needs.
- Use the sash model catalog link to determine which sash profile matches your window. Knowing the brand isn’t enough. We have several versions of each.
- Complete the provided form and a Fenster representative will respond via email with an order confirmation or additional questions.
- Upon your approval of the order, you will receive an invoice with online payment instructions via email within three business days.
- We do NOT provide written quotes for online retail sales. All sash pricing is listed on each product page prior to accessing the order form. Your invoice will verify the final order total.
- United Inch Pricing: To figure your exact price, United Inches are figured by adding one width measurement and one height measurement with both rounded to the next full inch. Example: 22.5 + 58.5 = 23+59=82 U.I.
We get overwhelmed at times answering phone call and email questions that are easily answered already on this website. Please take a moment to go through the steps listed above before contacting us. Please reserve your call or email to questions regarding difficulties in using the information provided or completing an order request.
15350 Herriman Blvd.
Noblesville, IN 46060
M-F 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
Text only photos:
Please note: We cannot take orders over the phone. Please complete a product order request form for faster service.
Jambliners, Hardware, Glass, Other Non-millwork Sales:
Invoicing and Payments
Shipping and Delivery Status: