Hints, tips and helpful information
All Fenster products are after-market replications of the original. While our products are designed to closely resemble the original, they are not the original brand's product. Having no association with the original manufacturer, we cannot respond to warranty claims or brand specific inquiries.
More Details »
More Details »
More Details »
How to Measure
- Casement sashes: From the EXTERIOR side, measure the width of the sash from edge to edge, and the height of the sash from top edge to the bottom edge.
- Do not measure the glass opening, include weatherstripping in your edge measurement, or provide the frame size.
- For some models, we may ask for a sash "thickness". This is the dimension from inside face to outside face, NOT the width of the cladding face.
- On cladded sashes, it is okay to measure from edge to edge of the cladding. We will size the wood frame to accept the cladding.
- Double hung sash kits: We only require 2 measurements to size the kit for the opening. Measure the width of the sashes. Both sash widths will be the same.
- Measure the height of the jambliner to the long point which is the outer edge that follows the slope of the sill. All kits will be made to industry standard heights as shown on the sizing chart on the Quiksash product page.
- We accept edge to edge, net sash sizes only.
- NO GLASS OPENINGS PLEASE.
- Take all measurements from the exterior side of the sash.
- Do NOT adjust your measurements for fit. Our standard practice is to undersize sashes by 1/16" or more depending on our installation experience.
- Heights of double hung sashes is NOT required. Our sashes are designed to fit the opening, NOT match your original sash heights.
I don't see what I need
First, did you search the sash profile catalog and product categories to see what we have available? We have merely a fraction of the 100’s of possible makes and models produced over the last 40 years. Just knowing the brand, maybe narrows it down to eight or ten. We need you to tell us, if we have what you need.
Second, are you having trouble understanding what information we need? We have added chat bots and check lists to our site to better assist you in navigating our website, along with helpful articles and conversations in our blog with folks having the same window issues as you. In the end, there is simply no way around the technical information we MUST have in order to produce a product. You may want to get a professional involved to help you if you are still having trouble.
Third, do you find yourself asking, "what's next"? Our easy 4 step process shown right on our home page walks you through our whole process.
Fourth, are you unsure about what you are getting? We get so many questions about sash specification. YES! Sashes come with weatherstripping on them. The specifications of every sash product along with detailed explanations are prominently displayed on each product page. Please take some time to review this information before contacting us with simple questions that have already been answered for you.
Finally, maybe we just don't have it! So much of our customer service energy goes to customers asking about something we don't sell. Quite frankly, if you can't find it on the website, it's not there. What is displayed on the site, is all we have available. Our most common "not for sale" items; We don't sell screens, we don't sell wood grills, we don't sell replacement glass, we don't sell incredibly specific little plastic parts, and most of our components are not brand specific. Cladding and weatherstripping for example is very universal in nature. We do not carry any original OEM parts from the manufacturer.
How to Buy from Us
- Research one of three product categories to determine the best product for your needs.
- Use the sash profile catalog link to determine which sash profile matches your window. Knowing the brand isn’t enough. We have several versions of each.
- Complete the provided form and a Fenster representative will respond via email with an order confirmation or additional questions.
- Upon your approval of the order, you will receive an invoice with online payment instructions via email within three business days.
- General sash pricing is listed on each product page prior to accessing the order form. Quotes provided via a submitted online form are good for 10 business days. Your invoice will verify the final order total. Your order will not go into production until full payment is received.
- Typical lead time is 4-6 weeks. Orders with tempered glass or SDL grills can be up to 8 weeks. Final delivery date will be determined by your location and our truck routes to your area of the country.
Commonly asked questions are typically answered within website content, namely on 1 of 3 product pages explaining the details of each product and how to order them. Phone orders and quotes will not be accepted. An order request form is required. Can we just be bluntly honest? While we maintain a strong commitment to customer service, there are only so many hours in the day. Our customer service energy is reserved for customers that follow our 4 step ordering process, and use our website to its full potential. Our customer service representatives serve as "website guides" not window experts. General calls and emails will typically get re-directed to a location on the website to find the information you seek. If you choose to call or email with questions regarding plainly obvious information easily found on our website, that call probably will not get returned. Additionally, a significant portion of our customer service efforts are spent on questions regarding products we don't sell. Simply put, if you can't find it on the website, it's not there. There's no need to inquire about it. We recommend our internet partner, Google for those items.
15350 Herriman Blvd.
Noblesville, IN 46060
Jambliners, Weatherstrip and Hardware Sales
Invoicing and Payments