Caradco Windows: yes, they do still exist!

The Caradco company is long gone, and JELD-WEN still hangs on to the name as a sales pitch (but doesn’t really have Caradco replacement windows).  But Fenster does!  We have replicated multiple versions and styles of the Caradco windows line spanning 30 years of the company. Our Caradco replacement sashes have become our most popular product — making us, by our humble estimation, the nation’s leading supplier of the Caradco line to homeowners and window professionals across the country.  Here are some product features and highlights of our current Caradco windows catalog.

Caradco C-200 Caradco C-200 Casement (1970s-early ’80s)

The C-200 was an all wood, primed unit.  The significant identifier on the C-200 was the stepped sash face profile next to the glass and the reversed jointery.  Fenster offers this model in the original rubber boot glazed version, or an altered direct set wet glaze version with an exterior stop to match the original profile.    Either version allows the customer to re-use their existing glass for added savings or replace/upgrade their insulated glass unit for better performance.  C-200 sashes are shipped unassembled with weather strip installed.  Replacement glass is available for additional S&H.

Caradco HeritageCaradco Heritage I & II Casement  (1980s-1990s)

The Heritage line is by far our most popular product.  The heritage sash is a primed wood sash with a flat, two-inch wide profile face.  Both the heritage I and II are identical in appearance except for their overall thickness.  The heritage I has 3/4″ glass making the thickness 1 3/4″, while the II has 11/16″ glass, making the over all thickness1 7/16″.  This is very important to note when ordering.  Both models had a rubber boot glazing originally.  Fenster also offers two versions of the heritage line, allowing the customer to re-use their glass:  one matching the original boot and a direct set version with an interior stop.  Heritage sashes are shipped unassembled with new weather strip installed.

Caradco Car-clad Double Hung (1980s-1990s)

Fenster carries the Caradco double hung popular in the ’80s and ’90s.  Double hungs can be hard to identify at times due to their lack of detail.  Caradco had a very plain and simple flat profile to their double hung sash with one notable detail:  their lower sash has a square bottom rather than a beveled edge to match the sill slope.  We offer this sash frame in the rubber boot version and ship it unassembled with new weather strip applied.

Caradco Heritage Clad Casement and Double Hung    

The cladded casement version is identical to the heritage II only with the cladding applied as well as the double hung.  We have an after-market cladded sash available in our Quiksash line of products if you seek a completely assembled sash ready for hardware.  Your most cost effective solution (if you’re doing the work yourself) is a stile and rail kit.  However, the original cladding, hardware, and glass must be transferred over to the new wood sash frame at assembly.  This is surprisingly easy to do!  The cladding slips over the face of the stile or rail from one end, and then the four sides are screwed together around the glass.  To remove the cladding from the old sash, take a putty knife under one end and gently pry up the crimp.  This will allow you to slid the cladding off the frame.  Slide the cladding back on the matching stile or rail and gently tap the crimp back down flush with the end.  Do that for all four sides and you’re done.  We recommend caulking every end joint before screwing the frame together.  Due to the installation of the cladding at assembly, only the boot glaze versions are available.  Replacement glass is available for additional S&H, but keep in mind the original rubber glazing boot must be re-used.

Popular Caradco Hardware

old style single arm operator
Old style single arm operator
dual arm
Dual arm operator
leaf weather strip
Leaf weather strip
bulb weather strip
Bulb weather strip

Because Caradco windows replacements are our biggest seller, we get a lot of requests for replacement hardware, especially casement operators and weather strip.  The C-200 series used a single arm operator with a colored squared metal housing usually in bronze, white or gold.  The most popular sizes were a 9 1/2″ inch or 13 1/2″ arm.  The length of the control is required to order.  It is also notable that TRUTH hardware has since discontinued the square housing and replaced it with an elliptical shaped housing.  There is no change in installation or function despite the minor change in appearance.  The heritage and clad lines switched to a dual arm operator as pictured.  As with all operators, the handing of the unit is required for ordering.  Contrary to confusing left-hand right-hand hinge industry speak, we have folks give us handing from the interior facing the window.  Tell us which side of the window needs the operator and we’ll send you the one you need.  We also stock for retail sale a 1/2″ plastic leaf type weather strip used on all of our Caradco windows casements and a vinyl bulb used on our double hungs.


  • karen
    Posted October 14, 2013 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for the little plastic pegs that went in the window grates. Some of mine have fallen out and the grate doesn’t stay in very good

    • Posted October 15, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

      Karen, Yes we have those. Can you please fill out a contact form on our website and we’ll be happy to generate an order for you.

      • Posted January 31, 2019 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

        I see this post was from 2013, although it may not be the same part that I am needing, I am looking for the plastic retaining clips that are attached to the sash by a very small screw that holds the removable muntins (grids) onto the sash. I can send pictures if needed.

      • Posted January 31, 2019 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

        Hi Steve, This is really too specific for us. We don’t get into hardware too deep. Really only the most common and generic stuff as add-ons to sash orders. We’re more on the sash and millwork side. There are many window hardware companies online if you do a search.

  • Barb Woodbury
    Posted October 29, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

    We are looking to replace and/or repair our Caradco C-200 Casement (1970s-early ’80s) and are interested in your product. We would need six of these windows (30 inches). Could you send me information?

    • Posted October 29, 2013 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

      Barb, We would love to! We will need some additional information to complete a quote for you. Can you please visit our website,, and complete a quote request form with as much information about your project as possible including exact measurements of each sash taken from the outside of the window.

  • Edwin Ryser
    Posted December 3, 2013 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for replacement hardware for casement windows that will hold the window in place during winds. The current hardware allows the window to flop back and forth. Very irritating.

    Or are there double or single hung replacements that fit easily in the existing opening?

    • Posted December 4, 2013 at 11:32 am | Permalink

      Edwin, with the hinges and operator properly installed and in good working order, the sash should not be swinging loose. These would be obvious defects affecting the operation of the unit if something was damaged. We recommend visiting our online parts catalog to identify the parts you require. You can access that from our home page at Please complete a customer quote request and our customer service team will be happy to provide you pricing on the part numbers you provide.

      • Bruce Janssen
        Posted October 13, 2016 at 6:31 am | Permalink

        I need help finding the replacement window, caradco 916. it has 5/8 flat white grids it has a 3 x 5 pattern. one is hinged left and two are hinged right, visible glass space is 24 x 50 and they are wood with white cladding sash window (casement)

      • Posted October 13, 2016 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

        Bruce, You’ve come to the right place. That’s one of our biggest sellers! We refer to that as a Caradco Heritage I. Our part number for a sash rebuild kit is CC101-C and our part number for a complete clad sash is QSR-CC101. FYI, we need edge to edge width and height of each sash. We do NOT accept glass sizes. You can order those from our website whenever you are ready. Thanks!

  • Connie Johnson
    Posted January 8, 2014 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

    I am in need of the hardware that allows the window to roll out when you turn the crank. Also I need the hinges that hold the window in the opening. I am not sure what style the window is I just know the windows were purchased in the mid 90’s

    Your assistance is greatly appreciated:)


    • Posted January 9, 2014 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

      Connie, Window hardware is a challenging business. When it comes to different styles and brands, the choices can be infinite. Unfortunately for us, its impossible to connect you with the proper replacement parts without knowing exactly what you have and need. We recommend getting a window repair professional involved to properly identify your window and order the correct parts. When you are ready, please visit our website, to view our online parts catalog. Our customer service team can provide you with pricing and availability from a quote you fill out with the part numbers you need.

  • john trapp
    Posted September 29, 2014 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

    I need awning sash, sash size 22’x 381/4. Where can I get one?

  • Carl Hansen
    Posted November 20, 2014 at 4:42 am | Permalink

    Hi, House built in the late ’70’s, Coradco windows (Heritage I – 1 3/4″ thick). One of the Casement windows in the garage has outer pane of glass broken. Frame is 38 1/4 x 18 1/4, with approximate glass size at 35″ x 15″. Is the double pane glass available?

    Curious minds….


    • Posted November 20, 2014 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

      Carl, Glass is not brand specific. You can get that glass from any residential glass company.

  • barb
    Posted March 8, 2015 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

    How do I order the leaf weatherstrip?
    I did not find it in your catalog for the part number.


  • Cheryl
    Posted October 29, 2015 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

    My Caradco windows are the original from when house was built in 1994. I need replacement sashes for some of the windows. There is a number 916 on the window. Does this help indentify what to replace it with?

    • Posted November 2, 2015 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

      Cheryl, The 916 is consistent with the Heritage I model. Our part number is CC101. Use this when referencing the profile number to place your order online.

  • Lynne Rabold
    Posted November 1, 2015 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

    I want to purchase new unfinished wood window grids with the plastic pegs as spoken of in another question in which you stated are still available. Please contact me.

    • Posted November 2, 2015 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

      Lynne, We have the plastic push pins. We don’t have the grills available. You can request those using one of our online contact forms at, This is a publically viewed blog and obviously can not process orders here.

  • charles k skillern
    Posted April 1, 2016 at 1:24 am | Permalink

    Need replacement sashes for caradco windows

  • Myra Harper
    Posted April 14, 2016 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

    I am interesting in finding replacement grills for my Cradco double hung windows. You have stated that you do not stock those, do you know who does or can make replacements?

    Thank you.

    • Posted April 18, 2016 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

      Myra, We wish we did. Unfortunately we’ve tried to build a relationship with several millwork shops that make grills with no luck so far. We’ve decided to make a go at making them ourselves. At this point to get started, we would need one of your grills to copy from.

  • Randy
    Posted May 1, 2016 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

    I have Caradco windows in my house. I would like to add a small casement window and have it match the windows on that side of the house from the outside. I believe they are heritage I clad white. Do you sell entire windows?

    • Posted May 1, 2016 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

      Randy, Unfortunately no. Not for a clad unit. We have the replacement sash, but not the frames. The only new complete windows we can do are all wood.

  • Viola Walker
    Posted May 9, 2016 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

    I need new glass for one of my Caradco wood double sash window (1995). The seal broke and now it’s very foggy. How do I get this replacement? Do I buy the whole window sash?

    Vi Walker

  • carol kane
    Posted May 10, 2016 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

    looking for a store or company that sells caradco casement roll out windows we need three to replace they are a tan outside color that is aluminum clad. just want to know where we can purchase thse windows in DE

    • Posted May 11, 2016 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

      Carol, Thanks for finding us! This is our company blog. We sell after-market replacement sashes for Caradco and 20 some other brands. We don’t have stores, we sell everything online from our headquarters in Indianapolis. If you would like to visit our website, you can submit an order request for the Caradco casements you’re looking for.

  • phillip morgan
    Posted June 10, 2016 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

    I’ looking for the plastic crank handles for a early 1980’s caradco window , all the newer handles seem to be too short inside

    • Posted June 20, 2016 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

      Phil, If you’ve already tried current available handles and those don’t work, I don’t think we have anything different we can offer you.

  • Steve Hitte
    Posted July 5, 2016 at 2:56 am | Permalink

    I believe our Caradco casement windows were installed in 1999 when previous owners remodeled the house. I have one window that needs replacing as the bottom part of frame has rotted. How do I know what replacement window to buy? Is getting someone to come to house possible as I have other issues with the picture window (believe glass is leaking). Ideally I would like to replace these windows with double hung as I see no redeeming value with casement windows but likely cannot afford that.

    Thanks for any help

    • Posted July 5, 2016 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

      Steve, I’d love to help! I’m not sure what your question is? Yes we have Caradco replacement sash. Switching to double hungs isn’t exactly your most cost effective route than fixing what you have, but that’s your preference. I recommend visiting our website to better understand our products and what we have to offer.

  • Bob Houkom
    Posted August 17, 2016 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

    Is Fenster planning on supplying Caradco Heritage I and II replacement casement sashes and other parts for the foreseeable future? Also, does Fenster have replacement fixed sashes which fit in a frame between two casement windows?

    • Posted August 17, 2016 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

      Bob, That’s an interesting question? I guess as long as people keep buying them! Assuming its a standard casement model, the sash is the same regardless of fixed or operable.

  • Angela
    Posted September 6, 2016 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for screens for my Caradco windows. Any idea where I can find then?

    • Posted September 9, 2016 at 2:02 am | Permalink

      Angela, Your best bet is having a local hardware store make them for you.

  • Daniel Webb
    Posted September 9, 2016 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

    Hey, I need some wooden grills or grids for the inside of my windows. I bought your windows in 1989 and have been happy with them. One of the April 2016 posts said you were going to try and mill them again. Did you start milling the grids or should I just look up a local milling company in my area ??


    • Posted September 9, 2016 at 11:05 pm | Permalink

      Dan, Just for the record (because we get this a lot) We’re not Caradco. I was 15 in 1989! We’re a small family owned business that makes copies of windows that have gone out of business. We were trying to secure a supplier to make grills for us, but it seems wooden grill companies are already rich and have plenty of customers. Customer service is extremely poor in this, and I’m sure, most big industry. Grills take specialty equipment to produce, but if you have a local company that can do it, you’re best bet is to go with them. If you end up being happy with the result, I’d love the contact. We could give them quite a bit of business.

  • Will khourie
    Posted September 26, 2016 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

    I need sever replacement sashes. I don’t see a number to speak with anyone on your website. Could you please help.

    • Posted September 27, 2016 at 12:53 am | Permalink

      Will, We require too much information to collect over the phone. You can email your request to, and our sales team will be happy to assist you.

  • Betty Nantz
    Posted October 26, 2016 at 9:33 pm | Permalink

    We have Caradco windows and some of the panes have clouded. Can these be replaced and how do I find the specs for my windows?

    • Posted October 28, 2016 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

      Betty, We don’t sell loose replacement glass, but we do have a number of Caradco replacement models available. You can see those on our website, Look up Caradco on our profile catalog to choose a model that matches what you have.

  • John Mott
    Posted December 16, 2016 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

    I have an ealry 90’s home with Apparent Heritage 1 or 2 clad awning? basement window. I need a replacement for an ext RO 60″ X 17″ int RO 57″ X 14 1/4″. The frame wood is dry rotted and water damaged severely and I am afraid to remove/open it to measure if it is a 7/16″ or 11/16″ width. A CC101 or CC102. How can I tell without pulling it out? Thanks so much, John Mott

    • Posted December 16, 2016 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

      John, Unless this window in question was a replacement at some point or different than the rest, and assuming all of the windows are original to the house, you can measure any other operable sash on the house and be confident they are all the same. FYI, we’ll need the exact edge to edge of the sash itself to build it for you. We’re guessing using the RO, and we’d rather not do that. 🙂

  • Joe Perkins
    Posted April 26, 2017 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

    I need 6 heritage sashes. They are stained on the inside. Do you prime all sides? Also they have stained grids. Are those something you can provide in raw pine? And can i assume you carry the crank handles?

  • Craig Jolley
    Posted June 12, 2017 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

    Hi, I have Caradco window that are original to the house built in 1994. The wood on the windows at the bottom have pretty much all rotted out. the rest of the frame seems to be ok. These are aluminum clad wood casement and awning windows. Do you have replacement wood frames to replace the rotted parts?

    • Posted June 13, 2017 at 12:20 am | Permalink

      Craig, We certainly do! Our replica Caradco is our most popular model. Your choice of product would be a sash rebuild kit, which is new wood sash frame where you re-use all of the other components, basically rebuilding the sash. Your other option is our Quiksash line of after-market replacement sash specifically engineered to match and fit a Caradco frame. More detail on both of these product lines are on our website, You can complete and order request on either of these product pages, or you can email my sales dept. directly at, Thank you.

  • Mylan Lundstrom
    Posted July 30, 2017 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

    I recently moved into this house and I have a caradco window in my porch and the intire screen is missing. How do I go about getting a replacement screen.

    • Posted July 31, 2017 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

      Unfortunately Mylan, we don’t sell screens. Mostly because we can’t ship them. You’ll have to look for a local hardware store or screen shop in your area.

  • David
    Posted August 4, 2017 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

    How do I order ?

    • Posted August 5, 2017 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

      David, You need to go to our website, and complete an order request off one of the product pages. My internet salesperson will send you an acknowledgment and/or questions. Thanks!

  • Mark
    Posted August 22, 2017 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

    I have caradco double casement wood/clad windows in my home — I am having to replace one of the windows because the low e glass panel is damaged — I have the replacement window glass unit (CC1UIG2559) which is 25x59x3/4 but the existing rubber gasket that goes around the perimeter of window glass needs to be replaced too — Question: where can I purchase the rubber gasket?

    • Posted August 24, 2017 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

      Mark, Unfortunately no where! Glazing boots are no longer being made by anyone that we have been able to identify or locate.

  • Jeffrey Ferguson
    Posted September 7, 2017 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

    I’m looking to replace some failed IG’s in the wood frames. I’m not sure of the model but I’m measuring the OA thickness at 3/8″ or 7/16″ dual pain. This is the boot set style. Any idea what they might be with this little information?

    Thank you

    • Posted September 9, 2017 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

      Jeff, I’m not sure what you’re asking? Are you trying to determine the window model or the glass size? The glass is irrelevant for us to replace the sash if that’s what you’re looking for. There’s a whole different set of questions to answer to order a replacement sash. You can find those order forms on our website, If you just want the glass replaced, your best option is to contact a local glass company for that. Glass is not brand specific. Any glass company can replace that for you.

  • Bruce Shellhammer
    Posted December 9, 2017 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

    I have the 1989 vintage Caradco double hung clad windows. My biggest problem is the warping/deforming of the jamb liners especially on the south side (replacement Jeld-Wen jamb liners #207576/207577-actual size 73 1/2″ short side of sloped bottom). Also due to the warping of the liners the side/vertical wood sash is warped on many of the windows. Do you sell just the side and bottom sash? (Carado window #3234- -actual sash size: 36 1/4″ side and 31″ bottom). My last question if you sell the jamb liners–if possible can you sell just he vinyl liner only–I have a life time supply of spring balances since I have replaced these liner on the south side of my house 3 times since 1989. Please price out 3 window locks as well.
    Thank you

    • Posted December 11, 2017 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

      Thanks for your interest Bruce! This blog is for informational purposes only. We can’t give quotes or process orders here. All of that is on our website though if you would like to contact our sales dept.

  • Michael Ballew
    Posted February 7, 2018 at 1:26 am | Permalink

    I have caradco windows my house was built in 91 my glass is good has the aluminum white outside the wood is deteriorated and rotted the window will not stay up .Can I get replacement for the wood.

    • Posted February 7, 2018 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

      Mike, You probably have The Guardian series. Our part number on that is CCDH-100. You can get a pre-cut sash kit, or just get the mill stock you need and cut it to fit.

  • James Orszulak
    Posted March 7, 2018 at 1:40 am | Permalink

    I need to replace a caradco casement double window. Has to match the rest of my windows. Where do I find one and an installer?

  • Lorella Georgen
    Posted March 19, 2018 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

    I have Caradco Carclad windows that were probably installed in 1996-1998. I have word rot on one sash and need to replace much of the hardware ( can’t close the windows without having to go outside and push them in) Also, I need screens. One of the seals is broken on a fixed window. I have no idea who does this kind of work either! Help! These windows are awful.
    Is this something you can help me with?

    • Posted March 19, 2018 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

      Lorella, yes we can help with all of that, except maybe the screen. I’m not sure where you want to start? We would also need to know where you are located to try and get you some help. Have you contacted our sales dept? I can’t really get into order processing on the info blog, but if you would like to contact us via our website or email, we can go from there., or

  • Posted March 24, 2018 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

    Jim, Maybe sort of. If it is the C-200 series yes. After that, they changed it so many times I couldn’t tell you what it is. if you want to pull one and send it to us, we can replicate it for you. Just about anything like that is $100 minimum.

    • Jim Bentlage
      Posted March 27, 2018 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

      Thanks for responding Ryan. How do I tell what model window I have ? Is there a stamp or marking somewhere ?

      • Posted March 27, 2018 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

        Hey Jim, You were asking about operator covers if I’m not mistaken? The difference between Caradco models of that era are obvious. The C-200 had a very different profile from the Heritage I. Although its hard to explain. There are pictures of each in our sash model catalog to look at. C-200’s had a rounded edge appearance with horizontal joinery and a 1/2″ step down in the exterior face profile that ran the perimeter of the glass. Heritage I’s had a plain, flat 2″ wide face with no detail really at all. I would still say, just send us one to be sure.

  • Maria Pippen
    Posted June 23, 2018 at 11:06 pm | Permalink

    I have Caradco -14 double hung windows. 2 are completely rotting away. Is there such a thing as a “sash replacement kit” which would include the 2 window sashes and the side jambs? I don’t want to replace the whole window, just the sashes and Jambs. We are trying to get our house ready to put on the market and I need to do this quickly and coat effectively. Thanks!

  • Rick Frost
    Posted June 25, 2018 at 10:28 am | Permalink

    I’m Rick with 84 Lumber. I was doing a lot of caradco replacements over the 13 years as a service man here. I just did one and after a year they finally had me install them. They are the Smart Fit line. Narrow Styles, Clad exterior, and pine interior. He needs another. Seal failure, and they have no glass bead. Do you make a replacement for this?
    Thanks Rick Frost

    • Posted June 25, 2018 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

      Rick, We make a ton of Caradco’s…our biggest seller by far, but I can’t say I’m familiar with the “smart fit”. We make the newest version of a Caradco that JELD-WEN produced through the early 2000’s, but those have a 2″ wide face with mitered corners. Interior stop. Roughly 1-1/2 thick. Something newer than that, I’d have to look at it, or maybe JELD-WEN still makes them?

  • Vasu
    Posted July 3, 2018 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

    Hi Ryan,
    We are looking for window replacement for Caradco 716. Do you guys have this model still.

    • Posted July 5, 2018 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

      Yes. That would be our part number QSR-CC102 for a complete new sash replacement.

      • Vasu
        Posted July 6, 2018 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

        Thank you Ryan. What information do I need to order this part number. I was confused where to place the order on the website. Thank you for your quick reply.

      • Posted July 6, 2018 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

        Vasu, I’m assuming this is a casement? You go to the casement sash product page and complete the order form there. It will ask you for the fenster profile number. That’s where you enter QSR-CC-102.

  • Vasu
    Posted July 6, 2018 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

    It is a double hung window. We need to replace thr top part as thw wood got rotten and it broke. The bottom window ij ok.

    • Posted July 10, 2018 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

      Oh, okay. Well in that case all we offer for a Caradco double hung is a rebuild kit. We have 2 models we can do. The 716 is probably an indication that it would be the Guardian series. Our part number is CCDH-100 for that. But you’ll want to look at both models in our catalog online to make sure.

  • Posted August 1, 2018 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

    I have a living room window which I got about 14 years ago in Highland lumber co in Fayetteville NC
    it has a stable middle window with two silding windows (smaller on each side) double panel glass
    one cracked on the inside ( do not know why) 3 panels not the outside. We had someone come because of the casing is so sealed they could not replace the glass we need the whole casing. it is not wood. it looks clued. what can I do ? Where do I find the model no or whatever
    I can send a picture

    • Posted August 2, 2018 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

      Hi Kathy, Sounds like you need a different glass company! That sounds like a lack of experience to me. I can’t do anything about the glass for you. We don’t sell, or can’t ship, loose glass, but I’d be happy to look at it and see if I can coach someone how to do it. You can send me a couple pictures if you would like to and I’ll take a look a them.

  • Allen
    Posted August 4, 2018 at 1:28 am | Permalink

    We have a Caradco Palladian window with a broken seal. Glass is fogged up. Are these windows still available?

  • Adam Elliott
    Posted August 22, 2018 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

    Any chance you produce jambs for caradco windows as well?

    I have a rotten jamb on a job I’m trying to complete. I managed to find a tag on one of the window jambs. Part# 8955025, Desc. CLSC SG IG 28×34 2-8/6-2

    I’m really hoping to not have to pull the unit and match/mill components to produce a new jamb.


    • Posted August 25, 2018 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

      Adam, We don’t. There really isn’t a market for frame components. Any legit carpenters out there that know how to rebuild a window prefer to make their own parts onsite. We’ve never had much success with those kinds of components.

  • Pete Faucher
    Posted September 14, 2018 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

    Hello, I have a homeowner that needs to have a picture window sash replaced for a Caradco window. What they have is an all wood window, casement/picture/casement window. The glass in the picture window has a seal failure, so I’d like to change out the entire picture window sash. The sash opening is 38 1/2″ x 62 1/2″. The window is from 1985. Can I get a replacement sash from you, what would the cost be, and how long would it take to get?
    Thanks, Pete

  • Greg Duplechain
    Posted October 17, 2018 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

    I have two casement windows with failed seals…is it possible to change the glass. It’s lowe2 glass with divied light

  • Arturo Jurado
    Posted November 7, 2018 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

    I need to replace a Caradco wood double hung window
    CAR 057-007-93, “classic” primed D H.
    Do you have any information?, thanks

    • Posted November 7, 2018 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

      Yes Arturo, that is shown in our catalog as the classic double hung under Caradco. We have that available as a rebuild kit only.

  • Don
    Posted November 26, 2018 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

    I have Caradco 716 windows that were installed in my new house in 1989. The windows have held up nicely but the little plastic tabs that fit into the window frame to secure the screens have deteriorated badly over the years. Are those plastic tabs for screens still available?

  • Mike Lapka
    Posted December 28, 2018 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

    I’m looking for the crank mechanism for a Caradco Entry Gard window. It looks different than the one I see pictures on your site. The second gear is much larger and only toothed on approximately 1/3 of the surface.

    • Posted December 28, 2018 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

      Hi Mike, We only stock what we have shown on the site, but there are several window hardware retailers online if you do a search for window hardware.

  • Karen Anderson
    Posted January 8, 2019 at 10:04 pm | Permalink

    I need to replace two double hung windows (Caradco), one is cracked and one is fogged. Also , I have an exterior “French door” that is fogged.

    Can you give me any help. The date on these windows is 1983.


    • Posted January 9, 2019 at 12:52 pm | Permalink


      Glass is not brand specific. A local glass company in your area should be able to replace those for you since we do not sell individual panes of glass.

  • mick h
    Posted January 23, 2019 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

    Thank you for making this stuff and for all the info.
    I need to order replacement glass for a Caradco Guardian Double Hung G2-3234 from about 1994
    I have the size at 34 9/16 x 32inches, but I do not know the thickness of the insulated glass panel.
    Jeld-Wen is less than helpful
    Thank you again

    • Posted January 23, 2019 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

      Mick, I won’t be much help either. We don’t sell just the glass. That’s what residential glass companies do. I’d bet you have several in your area that can replace that for you. Maybe do a search for glass replacement.

      • mick h
        Posted January 24, 2019 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

        Thank you for making this stuff and for all the info.
        I need to order replacement glass for a Caradco Guardian Double Hung G2-3234 from about 1994
        I have the size at 34 9/16 x 32inches, but I do not know the thickness of the insulated glass panel.
        Jeld-Wen is less than helpful
        Thank you again

        I understand. But you cut a rabbet into the sash for the glass, so you do know how thick it is. Is it 3/4 inch?

      • Posted January 24, 2019 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

        Mick, don’t over think it. You don’t do anything to the frame to replace the glass other than unscrew it to pull the glass out. I believe the guardian has 9/16″ glass, but leave that to the professionals. That’s their job to figure that out.

  • John B
    Posted January 26, 2019 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

    Hi, We’re looking to buy a house built in ’93 which has Caradco double hung windows. The counter balance springs are broken on many, and we’re trying to determine if replacement springs are available. There are some watermarks on the windows, and the best we can decipher is 2\ followed by a backward 6 and then ?. What are the odds that replacement parts can be obtained, and what might the cost be? Thanks!

  • Russell S.
    Posted January 28, 2019 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

    Hello – I have some Caradco Heritiage II casement windows that need some rail replacements. Do you offer an option to purchase only the bottom rail vs. the entire SRK? My measurements for the casement windows using exterior edge to edge of stiles and rails are typically in 1/2″ form (ex. 26-1/2″ x 58-1/2″), is this a common measurement for this style of window or should i be expecting something more precise (ex. xx-5/8″ or xx-11/16″) ? Do you recommend i reuse the original boot or discard and use a wet glaze instead? if the latter option then what changes do i need to make to my order? thanks for the help!

    • Posted January 31, 2019 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

      Hi Russ, I know we’ve been talking already and you have authorized your order, but for the sake of others reading this blog, I’d like to address some of your questions. Your measurements are spot on for a Caradco Heritage I or II. A cladded unit measures even numbers to the half inch from the exterior side as we request.

      More importantly to your other questions. I don’t recommend re-using anything! I don’t even recommend our own SRK product. It’s a bare minimum fix that only addresses one issue of wood rot. It doesn’t address likely seal failure, improved efficiency, or longevity of the sash. I also don’t recommend saving a 20 year old glass unit that in all likelihood was only guaranteed for 10 years to begin with. The glazing boot was the engineering failure to begin with and the main cause for the wood rot. Why re-use the original failure to guarantee the same end result?

      Our replacement sashes address and improve upon all of these deficiencies, and in my humble opinion, are manufactured to a much higher standard for performance and longevity.

  • kevin
    Posted February 5, 2019 at 12:45 am | Permalink

    I am looking for a lock set for a caradco exterior door, The door has the Number 4101431 on it. Any chance you can help?

  • Kyle Schooley
    Posted February 14, 2019 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for the lift assist springs for some double hung caradco windows. The windows are approximately 72″-74″ tall.

  • Ben Gryskewicz
    Posted April 1, 2019 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

    I have Caradco windows that are about 23 years old. There are 4 windows that have broken seals that are fogged. I’m hoping you can help me get replacement sashes please. The windows are wood interior with white aluminum clad exterior, bronze hardware.

    Window Dimensions: Glass measurements wood to wood.
    Double Hung: CAR-057-003-93
    Upper Sash: 27 WIDE X 27 1/2 HIGH
    Lower Sash: 27 WIDE X 27 1/2 HIGH

    Double Hung: CAR-057-003-93
    Upper Sash: 31 WIDE X 27 9/16 HIGH
    Lower Sash: 31 WIDE X 27 9/16 HIGH

    Double Hung: CAR-057-003-93
    Upper Sash: 19 WIDE X 13 9/16 HIGH
    Lower Sash: 19 WIDE X 13 9/16 HIGH

    Awning Style:
    26 1/4 WIDE X 14 3/16 HIGH

    • Posted April 2, 2019 at 1:50 am | Permalink

      I’m sorry, but we do not make brand specific double hung windows in lieu of our signature sash replacement kits. We only offer a Caradco double hung in a rebuild kit, which is just the wood frame. That really doesn’t help you with the seal failure issue. Replacement glass does not have to be brand specific. We recommend you contact a local glass company for that.

  • Don Bauer
    Posted April 10, 2019 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

    I have a 3′ by 3′ double hung window installed in 1987. The panes rotate inward for cleaning. It has absolutely no markings but I was told it might be Coradco. How could I determine for sure??

    • Posted April 15, 2019 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

      Don, Double hung windows are very difficult to identify. Hence in part why we don’t offer brand specific replications on double hung models. I wouldn’t put much time into it. Depends on your issue? If you just need the glass replaced, a local glass shop can do that for you. You don’t need to replace the whole sash.

      • Don Bauer
        Posted April 16, 2019 at 2:32 am | Permalink

        Ryan. This is definitely a Caradco. I found marking. The glass panes are fine. The bottom rail on the upper pane has rotted. Is there a rebuild kit?

      • Posted April 22, 2019 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

        Hi Don, As I mentioned previously, we no longer offer the matching parts for retail sale. If you need a whole new sash, our Quiksash kits work great for Caradco windows. You can check those out on our website if you’re interested.

  • Michael Williams
    Posted April 11, 2019 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

    I need to know if a sash unit is available to purchase for replacement due to losing seal
    Sash opening 4’ 0” Wx 5’2” H
    Clad Wood ZapPack
    Single Replacement Picture Unit
    Brilliant White Exterior Finish
    Natural Interior Finish
    LoE^2 IG
    Colonial Brilliant White 1 1/8” SDL w/ Gray Anodized. GBG {4×4}

    • Posted April 15, 2019 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

      Michael, We don’t offer brand specific replications on double hungs. We make our own DH kits for that. You can probably just have the glass replaced. You might try a local glass shop for that instead of replacing the whole sash.

  • STan
    Posted April 11, 2019 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

    i have 2 caradco casements that have rotted at the bottom, They are wood on the inside, white aluminum clad on the out. One has a viewable area of 17 ¾ W X 65 ¾ H, the other one has a viewable area of 23 W X 54 ¾ H. both have low E glass.Is this something you can make?

  • Chris Welch
    Posted June 4, 2019 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for curaçao replacement crank assembly #20755 with the short arm at 3 7/8 and a 9 1/2 inch long arm both left and right sides. These were installed in 1986 Do you sell these? Thanks

  • Doug
    Posted June 19, 2019 at 11:21 pm | Permalink

    Please send me an email. I am looking for a replacement part and can send
    You a picture.

  • William w Sullivan
    Posted October 6, 2019 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

    Have caradco windows the glass measures 69 in X 19 in X 3/4 in thick
    I need new wooden frame
    Is there a person I can talk with ?
    William W Sullivan

  • Wayne Mansfield
    Posted November 17, 2019 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

    Do you offer replacement storm panes? Glass covers for casements. 1995 era. And the poasctic bits that screw on to hold them inlace? 2 of our window panes have fallen off and broken when crashing to the ground.

    • Posted November 18, 2019 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

      Wayne, Thanks for the interest, but sorry no. We don’t offer anything like that.

  • Posted January 2, 2020 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

    I need the plastic piece that covers the crank on a casement window. Thanks.

  • Bob Kramer
    Posted January 5, 2020 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

    I have many double hung windows that have fogged up. 1. How do you remove the sashes from the frame? Do you push it to one side and pop out the other side? 2. Once out, how do you remove and replace the glass? Are there screws on the side of the sash that can be opened to remove the glass? 3. Once the sashes are out, is it possible to replace the round plastic on the sides of the frame that the sashes slide on?

    I’m hoping I can do this and not have to buy replacement windows. Thanks for any help.

  • Jennifer
    Posted February 3, 2020 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

    I have a caradco window with a removable interior grille, and the grille has recently broken. Any idea how to get a replacement grille? Thank you.

  • Tim Farmer
    Posted April 5, 2020 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

    I’m looking for a replacement sash for a fixed panel window that is in my kitchen. Originally installed around 1995. The glass is now fogged. They are a total of 4 panels. The two outside are casement that open and the inner panels are fixed. The outside dimension of the clad frame measures 28.5” x 70.5”.

  • karen s qualters
    Posted May 14, 2020 at 11:06 pm | Permalink

    We are in immediate situation where we need a caradco casement window fixed or replaced immediately. can you help??????????????????

    • Posted May 15, 2020 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

      Karen, Can I assume the glass is broken? You need to have a local glass company replace that for you if you have an emergency.

  • David Foster
    Posted June 5, 2020 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

    Hello my name is David Foster. In 1996 we built our house using Caradco windows. I have a few that are rotting. I stumbled upon your website looking for the company. I understand the process. My question is do the measurements matter if it is a casement opening with the crank and do you install the crank or is that something I have to engineer? I can provide photos and whatever you would need. I think the existing hardware would work but would like your input. thanks

    • Posted June 5, 2020 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

      Hi David. Nope. Our sashes come ready to install. Right or left handing makes no difference. Operable and stationary sashes are all made the same way. Typically sashes in mulled units (doubles, triple, etc.) are all the same size. It is standard practice to reuse the exiting hardware as long as it is in good working order. Shoot us a spec sheet off the website whenever you are ready!

  • Jim Steiner
    Posted June 13, 2020 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

    We have a cabin on a lake in MInnesota and what appears to be Caradco casement windows that have rotted wood sashes. Do you have a professional installer in our area that could look at two of my windows and assess as to whether or not they should be repaired or replaced? The zip code of our cabin is 56342 and the closest town is Isle, MN.

    • Posted June 20, 2020 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

      Jim, We don’t have any people in the field. We are online sales only, but we do have a traveling service tech that can install the units when he delivers them to you.

  • Posted July 11, 2020 at 1:41 am | Permalink

    Who honors the Lifetime warranty on the Cradaco windows.

    • Posted July 14, 2020 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

      Tim, You would want to talk to JELD-WEN about that. A “lifetime” warranty comes with a lot of fine print.

  • Mike Wathen
    Posted September 3, 2020 at 12:13 am | Permalink

    I need to fix some of my Caradco C-200 windows – they only need bottom rails and some side rails. Can I get these pieces from you, or do you make complete C-200 style casement windows?

    • Posted September 14, 2020 at 11:52 am | Permalink

      Mike, We don’t sell individual parts. It’s a production issue. We do offer a complete replacement sash.

      • Mike Wathen
        Posted September 15, 2020 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

        Thanks Ryan. I am talking with local woodworkers to see if they can duplicate the bottom rail that I need for the C-200 casement window, and believe I have found one. If this in fact is not possible, then will come back to order the entire replacement sash.

  • Jason
    Posted September 4, 2020 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

    I have a caradco fixed window from the mid 90s and need to replace the glass in it. It has been heavily painted and I don’t see any anchors holding the sash in the frame. Can you tell me how to remove that from the window frame? I know how to take it apart from there to replace the glass.

    • Posted September 14, 2020 at 11:51 am | Permalink

      I’m assuming it’s a stationary Jason? There are brackets behind the interior trim around the sash.

  • Ravi
    Posted September 23, 2020 at 9:41 pm | Permalink


    I have 20+ Caradco casement windows in my house. About 5 windows lost insulation gas and bit foggy inside. Do you know how can I order replacement for the windows.

    Thanks a lot

  • Jackie Perkins
    Posted October 1, 2020 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

    I am looking for the round gray hole plugs for the exterior of white clad c112 double hung Caradco windows installed in 1984. There are 4 on the exterior of each window frame. I need 32.

  • MLI
    Posted November 23, 2020 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

    Hi – Buying a new house and I am looking for replacement mullions….windows are from the very early 90’s (crank out). Do you still sell these? (approx measurements 45″h x 27″w)

  • Cosby Dudley
    Posted November 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

    I have two old double hung caradco windows that have “fogged up”.
    They are labeled Caradco corp. 2/1983.
    Both top and bottom glass is cloudy on the inside. The windows are different sizes. The measurements below are for the bottom sash in each window. The top sash appears to be the same size.
    Window one sash measurement is 31 1/2″ wide by 20 high.
    The other is 31 3/4 wide by 19 11/16 tall.
    How can I get them replaced.

    • Posted November 28, 2020 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

      Cosby, We don’t sell just the glass. You can have a local glass company replace that for you. You don’t have to replace the whole sash.

  • Clare Morse
    Posted January 23, 2021 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

    I’m looking for a replacement picture sash for a Carrasco bay window number A45-5159-15. It was purchased 10/1998 and has a seal failure. It is white aluminum clad outside and painted pine interior. Is this available?

  • Arthur Cafardi
    Posted February 28, 2021 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

    Do you carry replacement nailing fins for the Coradco Casements ??

  • Kevin Schoenfeld
    Posted March 13, 2021 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

    Looking for a replacement window do to original Caradco window fogged. Window type fixed Stretched octagon shape. Frame is 3′ sides 4ft high clad spandrel with 6b6 grill.exterior color dark bronze. Does this Windows still exist? This window is 18 years old and not sure if there is any warranty on window. Please advise were located in SE. Ohio.

    • Posted March 15, 2021 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

      Kevin, That’s something you’ll probably want a local glass company to take a look at.

  • Bruce Bradham
    Posted March 28, 2021 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

    I have some caradco model number car-057-001-93. Are thes sashes still available and how much are they?

    • Posted March 29, 2021 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

      Bruce, That is not a model number. That is a production line tag for anything that came out of the Illinois plant. You’ll need to contact customer service with more information about your windows.

    Posted May 14, 2021 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

    I have Carado windows and I am looking to replace the window grill that makes it look like divided panes.
    Can you help me with this?
    The window glass where the grill would go is 30 3/4 wide and 20 3/4 tall

  • Joanne Timmel
    Posted June 28, 2021 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

    Hey Ryan, I wonder if you could advise me. I have some Caradco casement windows, installed in 2003. The hardware on one has failed due to wood rot. I have pictures and the original invoice . I figure I’ll need to replace the sash but would prefer not to have to do the whole window as it is a triple unit. Let me know how I could send those pictures

    • Posted June 28, 2021 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

      Hi Joanne, We sell all common operating hardware items on our hardware page of our website, or you can add hardware items to your order when you purchase a sash. Best way to reach customer service is to complete an quote request form from our website.

  • Matt
    Posted July 22, 2021 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

    Do you sell all types/models Coradco Casement window Sashes that were installed installed around 2001?

    • Posted July 22, 2021 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

      Yes Matt, All models of casement as far as we know. Been at it 20 years and we see something new every day. Anything is possible.

      • Matt
        Posted July 22, 2021 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

        Do you know material cost of a 4×3 aluminum clad window with wood interior casement? Rough idea? Thanks Ryan.

      • Posted July 22, 2021 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

        Matt, Material cost? You mean our COGS margin or retail price? Not that I could quote over this blog. How many you want, where you are located, and a slew of various options are going to swing the price of that sash dramatically. You really need to submit a RFQ to customer service with your specific specifications to get an accurate number.

Post a Comment

Your email is kept private. Required fields are marked *