Window Repair works for obvious reasons. A new window salesman won’t tell you why. For as many years as I’ve been in business, I’ve had folks ask, “How do I know this works?” Well, somehow we’ve been making window parts for over fifteen years now, what do you think?
The obvious isn’t so obvious if you don’t have a “repair” mind-set. If you’re a consumer conditioned to the modern disposable, instant gratification society, well then it makes perfect sense to tear out windows and start over. From my perspective, it makes much more sense to repair, or what we like to call “replacement innovation” than to replacement the old with “new” with the expectation that the “new” is better. Maybe? The thought of window parts and pieces can be confusing. We’re going to fix that later. For now, let’s walk through a brief list of thought provokers and you decide.
- It’s cheaper! I refuse to argue with the $189.00 vinyl window guys. That is a sales pitch to get in the door. No salesman will sell you a $189 window. Obviously markets vary across the country, but a reputable, professional window company is going to run in the $700 per opening range for new vinyl windows. A far cry from the billboard price.
- Window repair is specific. You only address the windows that are problematic, not the whole the house. In my experience, most homes have 3-4 windows at any one time with damage. Window for window, a replacement sash approaches the cost of the vinyl. Now consider the cost of just replacing the three or four, not the whole house.
- Like kind and quality. Did your neighbor with the brown house that put one bright white vinyl window in the side of it think about what their house was going to look like? The idea of window repair or “replacement innovation” is to return the original window to original condition. This also means keeping all of your windows matching.
- Less invasive. Window replacement is a major remodeling project. Disregard the “vinyl insert” type of product. That is a whole other animal and soap box issue for me. I’m talking a direct replacement of a full frame window. Window repair doesn’t cause drywall damage, woodwork damage, require new window treatments, or disrupt sealing or building envelope surfaces.
- Convenience. Window repair is faster. Our typical three week lead time is a fraction of the time you will wait for a new batch of windows from the factory. Installation time is also a fraction of new window replacement with less mess and interference to your life and schedule.
- DIY is possible. Save even more by doing it yourself. Repairing rotten wood frames is experienced carpenter work, not sashes and hardware. If you can turn a screwdriver, then doing this work yourself is possible.
Our new goal for 2016 is to bring window repair to DIY’er status. Through more instructional blog posts and a new video series, I will be walking you through the basic installation steps of many of our popular window repair products in an effort to bring our concept of “replacement innovation” to the forefront of the window industry to create a new option category for the window consumer.
For more information, visit our blog and website at www.fensterusa.com